R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Soup Range Nazi ... :innocent0

Breitbart.com -
    DOJ ‘Monitoring’ Arkansas Gun Range Owner Who Banned Muslims

FoxNews.com
    Gun range's ban on Muslims draws fire

“We are dealing in lethal firearms,” Morgan told FoxNews.com. “I’m not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.”

I see her point.

I'd bet that the owner of Freeway Airport was glad to have turned down the 9/11 hijacker who couldn't take-off or land an airplane. All it would take would be a Ft. Hood wanna-be and the liberal MSM headlines would put the blame on Morgan ... and those evil black assault rifles.

Attachments

• Jan-Morgan.jpg
      Jan-Morgan.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 663

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Considering that we have Muslim members of MDS, I can't say that in find this to be a great idea. I went to the Academy with a Muslim, and former USMC Embassy Guard. Seems to me like she's looking for attention.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Hmmm. But not atheists and/or Christians? Those folks are also frequently on opposite sides of the coin.

Agree. Attention seeker.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It's from September 29, 2014

BearingArms.com -
    After Oklahoma Beheading and ISIS Threats, Arkansas Firing Range Becomes First To Exclude Muslims

GunNuts.net -
    Jan Morgan: idiot, bigot, or both?

Apparently this is OLD NEWS, but Breitbart picked up it after the DoJ decided to monitor her range.

Interesting comments on both articles. Mostly sane arguments, but peppered in between the screeds of real bigots and religious fanatics on both sides. :sad20:

Going back to my 'what if' observation ...

If the worst happened, who (and what) would be blamed, especially by the liberal MSM ? Suppose it weren't Muslims that she banned, but skinheads or some dude with a sheet over his head (her range is in Hot Springs, AK after all). Could this be the same ideological line in the sand being drawn against 2A like it has for gay and gender rights as applied to private businesses ? Could the 'monitoring by DoJ' trigger a move by the government to force 'universal background checks' for renting and/or shooting at ANY private range ? Doesn't the right of assembly in 1A implicitly protect freedom of association and who you choose to do business with ?

Maybe she is a media whore, and maybe she shouldn't have opened up this can of worms. Either way, it's a ...

Attachments

• Slippery-slope1.jpg
      Slippery-slope1.jpg
      12.8 KB · Views: 565

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Not a fan of news like this. Actions like that are just as reactionary as when people call for banning firearms after a shooting. The common denominator is a dirtbag who wants to hurt people, not guns or Muslims.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Not a fan of news like this. Actions like that are just as reactionary as when people call for banning firearms after a shooting. The common denominator is a dirtbag who wants to hurt people, not guns or Muslims.

Common denominators 9/11, Fort Hood, Boston Marathon, ISIS, Spain, London. Want me to keep going. Did four combat tours after 9/11 and the only people that tried to kill me were Muslims with guns. Shes gets no argument from me. Lebanon. Somalia, Libya, Kenya, Afghanistan, Egypt, Paris and on and on and on...........:mad54:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Common denominators 9/11, Fort Hood, Boston Marathon, ISIS, Spain, London. Want me to keep going. Did four combat tours after 9/11 and the only people that tried to kill me were Muslims with guns. Shes gets no argument from me. Lebanon. Somalia, Libya, Kenya, Afghanistan, Egypt, Paris and on and on and on...........:mad54:

Couldn't agree more. With more and more "Muslim Americans" going over to the other side why give them a place to practice. F-em.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Not good for winning over hearts and minds, IMO. You may win the fringe base but that's about it.

How does she know someone is a Muslim anyway?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not good for winning over hearts and minds, IMO. You may win the fringe base but that's about it.

How does she know someone is a Muslim anyway?

Surname ...

'Winning over hearts and minds' only works when someone is there to enforce it ... Iraq is a prime example. Drop your guard whether in the middle-east or at a gun range and the chance of something bad happening goes up dramatically. Considering her policy, in her reasoning 'guard' is preemptive.

Colin Powell famously characterized our involvement prior to Iraq as "you break it, you bought it'. Sadly, she may be anticipating the same and wants to avoid being 'broke' ... if you get the analogy.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Surname ...

'Winning over hearts and minds' only works when someone is there to enforce it ... Iraq is a prime example. Dropping your guard whether in the middle-east or at a gun range and the chance of something bad happening goes up dramatically. Considering her policy, in her reasoning, 'guard' is preemptive.

Colin Powell famously characterized our involvement prior to Iraq as "you break it, you bought it'. Sadly, she may be anticipating the same and wants to avoid being 'broke' ... if you get the analogy.

Surname? You mean like Richard Reid?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Don't like it one bit.

Putting aside lots of other problems I have with the logic....every one of us will say that if someone intends to do evil (at a gun free zone or in this case a range), they are going to show up and try whether they are invited or not. So what does her policy accomplish?

Even if you disagree, it's not in our self interest...by 2050, minority/majority status is flipping. If you want your grand kids to have 2A rights, we need to draw as many people in as possible from every corner of the earth. Banning 20% of humanity is not consistent with that philosophy.

When I go to the NRA range it's very diverse and I love it. Living in the sheltered white liberal paradise of Bethesda, it's practically the only diversity I am subject to. The guy in the next booth has nothing in common with me but an interest in firearms and we have a great conversation and learn something from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom