• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    You got to love this from the Washington Post today:

It’s also fair to wonder how Mr. O’Malley and his wife, Catherine Curran O’Malley, a state district court judge, ran up such large personal debts. Together, the couple had a combined annual income of nearly $300,000 for most of the eight years he served as governor, as well as free housing in the governor’s mansion in Annapolis. Yet they have taken loans of $339,000 to put their two eldest children through college, plus a line of credit of at least $100,000 and a mortgage of $500,000 for a home in Baltimore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c87aea-30b1-11e5-8f36-18d1d501920d_story.html

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I bet he used that "data-driven policy analysis" when he pushed for the FSA2013

EDIT: They may have been talking about data-driven policy narrowly in terms of using ESRI products (GIS systems most likely) to drive decisions on public utility work and such. Still, an odd thing to say about a Governor who pushed for gun control which is totally based on fiction.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    hmmmmm ...

Could that make him 'beholding' to crony capitalists or shadowy NGOs ? If he were applying for a TS Clearance, his financial stability would be consider a BIG red flag.

Attachments

• Inquiring Minds.jpg
      Inquiring Minds.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 998

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I think he's in this race to make the other "Candidates" look less crazy and radical by comparison.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yes he DID, and he manipulated the stats to boot.

I bet he used that "data-driven policy analysis" when he pushed for the FSA2013

EDIT: They may have been talking about data-driven policy narrowly in terms of using ESRI products (GIS systems most likely) to drive decisions on public utility work and such. Still, an odd thing to say about a Governor who pushed for gun control which is totally based on fiction.

Governor Martin O'Malley Leads with GIS

During his first of two terms as mayor, O'Malley learned of COMSTAT, the successful GIS-based program the New York City Police Department (NYPD) was using to revolutionize crime fighting. He began to consider applying the same method of performance accountability to improve life in Baltimore.

"The NYPD was using GIS to map crimes, deploy more cops to those areas, and maintain close follow-up on hot spots to drive crime down," explains O'Malley.

But more importantly. O'Malley definitely mapped gun ownership ...

The PowerPoint has since been puled from MD.gov, but marte616 captured the transcript and posted it HERE:

Slide 21 (We are mapping homicides …), LOWER LEFT CORNER clearly says "INDIVIDUAL WITH PROTECTIVE ORDERS AND GUN OWNERS!!!

And O'Malley plans to make his GIS 'big data' practice a platform for his 2016 campaign.
    Meet The Big Data Candidate Of The 2016 Presidential Race

Attachments

• BigDataDilbert.png
      BigDataDilbert.png
      6.7 KB · Views: 796
    • i-can-multiply-them-too-dilbert.png
      i-can-multiply-them-too-dilbert.png
      16.2 KB · Views: 813
    Last edited:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    :tinfoil: The "data-driven policy analysis" that company does is largely map based. No doubt there are data maps now showing the locations of all MDS members as well as everyone with a gun carry permit and probably all HQL holders in addition to regulated firearms purchasers since time began. They are probably headquartered in the recently vacated dungeon that was the former home of the HPRB.

Big Brother Is Watching! YOU.

EL1227 beat me to it.

Last edited:

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Just from watching how he managed the state's money, I am going to assume he can't manage his own money either.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Fastest search and keyboard in the east

The "data-driven policy analysis" that company does is largely map based. No doubt there are data maps now showing the locations of all MDS members as well as everyone with a gun carry permit and probably all HQL holders in addition to regulated firearms purchasers since time began. They are probably headquartered in the recently vacated dungeon that was the former home of the HPRB.

Big Brother Is Watching! YOU.

EL1227 beat me to it.

I commented before that there is an asterisk next to my address on that GIS map, but HQL applicants probably have every bit of their PII embedded in the database, including their fingerprints. NSA only has your phone records ... :tinfoil:

A friend of mine who works indirectly for the governor's office told me that the plan was for Brown to win the election, Babs Mikulski to retire and Owe Malley to be appointed by Brown to finish her term and use his Senate seat as a springboard to the Presidency...I can easily see him acquiring the debt, figuring it was a sure bet and that once the money started flowing in from his K street cronies he could pay it back...I know one thing for a fact..He didn't count on Brown losing..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    A friend of mine who works indirectly for the governor's office told me that the plan was for Brown to win the election, Babs Mikulski to retire and Owe Malley to be appointed by Brown to finish her term and use his Senate seat as a springboard to the Presidency...I can easily see him acquiring the debt, figuring it was a sure bet and that once the money started flowing in from his K street cronies he could pay it back...I know one thing for a fact..He didn't count on Brown losing..

Brown needs to be a cellie with Blagojevich, sounds like.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    He couldn't manage the states money.
    He can't manage his own money.

Considering the issues in America today, Owe'Malley should stay far away from the finances of the USA.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Question. Why did the WashPost publish this? They have always promoted OMalley. Could it be that Hillary's people are getting nervous and trying to clear the field.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Please check your cards we have 3 winners ...

Bingo ...

He couldn't manage the states money.
    He can't manage his own money.

Considering the issues in America today, Owe'Malley should stay far away from the finances of the USA.

Bingo ...

Question. Why did the WashPost publish this? They have always promoted OMalley. Could it be that Hillary's people are getting nervous and trying to clear the field.

And Bingo ...

Now the question is, with the WaPo's O'Malley revelations and the recent one's from Hillary's email, who will join Blago in prison 1st ?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Since he couldn't manage the state or his personal budget, shouldn't the batf go after him like they are trying to do with people on s.s. or our vetrens. He and his wife should not be able to own a gun because they are inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom