• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    I'm putting some forethought into alternatives to the AR15, considering the nationwide climate against "assault" rifles, and Maryland's recent gun bans. I fear one day the libs will have their way and AR's will be forced from our hands.

I'm looking for legitimate ways to stay ahead of the game, so 80% lowers don't really do this. (i.e "I have an AR15, but you don't know about it.) AK's are so widely known that they probably won't do either.

What other, MD legal, options would you all recommend?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    IMG_0083s.JPG

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    There are simply to many to ban and roundup.

In Connecticut, even police officers have refused to comply with that state's registry.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I would recommend taking the money you would spend on guns during a jacked-up buying frenzy and apply it towards the 2A fight, so that the guns aren't banned in the first place.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Gentlemen... FOCUS... politics aside and SHOW ME THE GUNS!!!

There is no politics aside answer to a question based on politics. Your question presumes that the AR and other common modern sporting, defense, and hunting rifles WILL be banned and "taken from us". Under this presumption, there is no correct answer. Tavor? oops, it's common now and on a banned list. SCAR? Oops, now they know about that one too and it's on the banned list as well. Rather than rolling over and trying to "stay ahead" of the bans, fight them and keep them from happening. That is the true answer to your original question as you posted it.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    IF and that is a BIG "IF" someone TAKES the AR, about the only thing left is a Marlin 1894 in .357 or .44.

Then, we can all sit around the campfire and sing, "Happy Trails to you, until we meet again."

Jul 4, 2013
    It would never happen. Passing laws is one thing, enforcing them is another. A very small percent of LEOs would be willing to take rightfully owned firearms.

But to answer your question, how about an M10X? Anyone shoot one of those?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It would never happen. Passing laws is one thing, enforcing them is another. A very small percent of LEOs would be willing to take rightfully owned firearms.

But to answer your question, how about an M10X? Anyone shoot one of those?

If there is a federal/presidential order to turn in and or collect semi-automatic firearms, you can bet that order will be carried out.

The police and the military are paid to follow orders. Blindly!

To say it would never happen is whistling past the graveyard.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    These were new for me:
    Svt40
    Hakim
    M10X
    Benelli MR1

Thanks for the info guys. Didn't realize the level of sarcasm and deep felt political stances I would encounter. I was just looking for some good gun talk. Next time I'll dumb it down and say "What's your favorite non-AR15, semi-automatic gun?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom