• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I had a short drive this morning and was listening to C4 and his guest talking about how hard (impossible) it is to get a CCW permit. He readily admitted he had one only because of his family and that any politician or having a "friend" in the system will get you one. Not anything we were not aware of anyway.

He mentioned that Gov. Hogan will be on his show next week and he fully intended on quizzing the Governor on this problem and hopefully will come up with a good answer.:thumbsup:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It will probably wind up on Hogan's "don't ask don't tell" list of impermissible questions to ask. I hope I am wrong.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is C4 liberal or conservative? Or does he just like to stir the pot?

When the Pope was coming to the US he was discussing whether the Pope was anti-capitalistic.

Two weeks earlier when they had they Freddie Gray change of venue hearing and the obligatory protests, his guest said the protest just hurt the little people "and didn't hurt rich people." He didn't challenge that statement at all, so presumably he believes:

1) Freddie's death was the fault of rich people
    2) Rich people deserve to be punished, just because.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    In the Washington/D.C. area, people are more at risk. Tysons Corner and malls in VA are not that far away. It would be foolish to think a Mali or French style attack could not happen at Arundel Mills or Columbia Mall.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    My belief is that Hogan can not do anything on his own right now. If he did the next election would have all the Anthony Brown supporters saying I told you so. I truly believe we are asking for too much too quick. One step at a time and one election day at a time. We can not change in one year that which has been building for decades. Lets work to keep him in and throw some of the dead beats out. also don't forget about Miculski's replacement. Keep hope and vote!!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I had a short drive this morning and was listening to C4 and his guest talking about how hard (impossible) it is to get a CCW permit. He readily admitted he had one only because of his family and that any politician or having a "friend" in the system will get you one. Not anything we were not aware of anyway.

He mentioned that Gov. Hogan will be on his show next week and he fully intended on quizzing the Governor on this problem and hopefully will come up with a good answer.:thumbsup:

It will probably wind up on Hogan's "don't ask don't tell" list of impermissible questions to ask. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt he will answer any questions about carry permits but if he does he will probably say its up to the GA and he cant do anything

I heard a good bit of that part of the show today, he had Scotty Donovan on talking about the difficulty (not impossibility) of getting a MD permit.

It was brought up that G&S is defined by the Secretary of MSP and that he serves at the pleasure of the Governor.

Lot of discussion about the fact that if even one person was carrying during the San Bernardino attacks how much different might the outcome be.

C4 even asked rhetorically, in the aftermath of the SB attack, why carry laws in MD haven't been relaxed yet. He said repeatedly in response to callers that he would definitely ask Hogan about this subject.

All in all I would say this is the most positive talk about loosening carry laws that I have heard on local radio.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My belief is that Hogan can not do anything on his own right now. If he did the next election would have all the Anthony Brown supporters saying I told you so. I truly believe we are asking for too much too quick. One step at a time and one election day at a time. We can not change in one year that which has been building for decades. Lets work to keep him in and throw some of the dead beats out. also don't forget about Miculski's replacement. Keep hope and vote!!

Indeed, he probably cannot do much on his own. He needs a court or the legislature to help him out.

That should not prevent us from making noise and beating the drum. CCW laws in this state hurt businesses (read the report on last year's bill), and are generally bad for public safety.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Last year when they repealed the shell casing requirement, they managed to ram in through in a day without noise. It was kept extremely quiet by design.

I am not getting my hopes up, but it makes me think there is a non-zero chance of getting a deal done. Hogan has more leverage this year than last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom