• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    BeoBill I am so sorry for your loss, this is absolutely terrible. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or the family. You all will definitely be in our prayers.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    BeoBill I am so sorry for your loss, this is absolutely terrible. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or the family. You all will definitely be in our prayers.

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the sentiment. My son's family is still in deep shock. Mrs. Beo and I are soldiering on...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyway, thanks again for the comfort. We carry on day by day.

My family has yours in our prayers. Please let us know here and in the school community what we can do to help. My coworkers at their elementary school today were struck with grief and a desire to help. We're all thinking of you and the boys.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    BeoBill,

Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your grandson. Once again, the only fitting thing to say is there aren't words to express my thoughts for you and your family's loss.

JoeR

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Well it ain’t me!!!! I live in Baltimore city. We have murderers on the loose every day. Very sad someone died!!

I live in the City, too. But that doesn’t stop me from having compassion for other human beings, regardless of where they live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's because your children are young. Kids can get themselves in trouble regardless of how good the parenting is. As long as a kid has free will they have the ability to make bad choices outside the purview of the parents.

Stop being a "parent" and just let your kids be, and tell me how that works out. Of course, your kids are all older and have already been parented.

Are you telling me that your kids turned out great, without any involvement from you and your wife, other than just conceiving them and birthing them. After that, all you did was feed them. No lectures. No punishment/reward for grades, no showing them how to do things like hunting/fishing, etc.?

Yes, some children can go off the path that parents try to set forth for them, but take a look at children that have no parenting, no path laid in front of them, etc.

Personally, I think children pick up a ton of traits from their parents. I have noticed that children use the same mannerisms and speech patterns as parents. Those that see drug use and alcohol use in the house, think it is just fine to do those things too. Those that grow up with shooting, hunting, fishing, etc. are way more apt to do those things.

I am also convinced that a child will be who he/she will be by the time they are 5 years old. That is how it turned out with me and my siblings. By the time we were done with elementary school, it was already clear where we were all headed.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    yes, and charged with murder "and other offenses"

https://patch.com/maryland/columbia...ium=email&utm_term=weather&utm_campaign=alert

illegal use of a handgun seems a little redundant... maybe this time he'll get jail.

Now the thread title is valid. Still gets his day in court though.

I wonder what the heck the motive was for shooting the guy. Guessing the third guy will know exactly what the heck happened. Brilliant move though to murder somebody in front of a witness, especially when the witness knows who you are, and then flee the scene to a different state.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I haven't said anything until now, but I'm Jacob's grandfather. We were at his house yesterday, the family, especially his "middle" brother "Xander" are just wrecked. Wife and I are still pretty numb.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers. My son's family and friends will need all the prayers that can be provided as they work through their grieving. The thought returned to me that I had when my daughter passed last year from cancer: "This isn't right - THEY should be putting ME in the ground after a long and peaceful life." This is all in God's plan for whatever reason, we're sure.

The charges against Dellinger (the shooter) are first- and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault, use of a firearm in a felony, and a handgun on his person. I hope he's held without bail.

Wife and I are worried that Dellinger's dope fiend friends don't try to exact revenge on the family for this. If they try here they will be in for a VERY unpleasant surprise.

Anyway, thanks again for the comfort. We carry on day by day.

My thoughts are with you and your family. You are right, this definitely is not right, even if it was accidental. Definitely not right about your daughter either.

Your grandson was the victim. Why would Dellinger's friends want to exact revenge against the family that lost a son? If anything, it should be your family looking to exact revenge for the loss of your grandson. However, it never hurts to be prepared for anything.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stop being a "parent" and just let your kids be, and tell me how that works out. Of course, your kids are all older and have already been parented.

Are you telling me that your kids turned out great, without any involvement from you and your wife, other than just conceiving them and birthing them. After that, all you did was feed them. No lectures. No punishment/reward for grades, no showing them how to do things like hunting/fishing, etc.?

Yes, some children can go off the path that parents try to set forth for them, but take a look at children that have no parenting, no path laid in front of them, etc.

Personally, I think children pick up a ton of traits from their parents. I have noticed that children use the same mannerisms and speech patterns as parents. Those that see drug use and alcohol use in the house, think it is just fine to do those things too. Those that grow up with shooting, hunting, fishing, etc. are way more apt to do those things.

I am also convinced that a child will be who he/she will be by the time they are 5 years old. That is how it turned out with me and my siblings. By the time we were done with elementary school, it was already clear where we were all headed.

You just don't stop, do you?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    BeoBill, please accept our sincere condolences from my family to your, for the loss of your dear loved one.

God bless

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom