• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Crowley and Smails are giving soliloquies on their perception of 2A law in MD. They should both really just STFU.

MSP prevailed in that last case.

Oh god. Please detail this more when you have a moment.

They were responding to Hershon and both went said that they didn't agree with the 4th Circuit's decision in Woollard (which Crowley thinks happened after Wrenn btw) but that they were bound to uphold it. And then went straight to the MSP playbook and the old documented threats threshold and on and on.

Clearly not capable of independent thought and quite frankly they looked silly and pathetic. At least Silent Jacque was just that, he didn't open his mouth and remove any doubt. Smails and Crowley sounded an awful lot like the Chairman Thomas led boards of old.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Some highlights (or lowlights actually) from the meeting tonight.

I'm not sure why, because I have seen enough of him, but I was stunned that Smails knows absolutely diddley squat about NFA items. When the first applicant was testifying he interrupted him and said that machine guns weren't legal in MD and it took Sgt B to fill him in that yes indeed they were actually legal. And then Smails kind of backtracked and said that oh of course they're legal because you have to apply to the ATF but that you don't really own them, an FFL owns them but you have possession of it. He was probably thinking about a trust (I guess) but his little pea brain couldn't articulate properly the thoughts rolling around in his head. And I wish I was live streaming at the end of the testimony when he had this Eureka moment on how with the wisdom of Solomon he was going to split the baby and direct the MSP to issue a permit but restrict it to be valid while carrying machine guns to which B replied "that's what he had". I think even the Action Starved Moms were laughing at him on the inside.

Smails then suggested that restrictions should read "while transporting NFA items" which is when that douchebag Crowley, who knows just enough to really do stupid things, said that "we shouldn't do that, then people will ask for permits because they own suppressors".

Smails also knows very little about MD business law. He had no clue that sole proprietors did not need to register with SDAT and don't have to file a personal property tax return. Seriously?

And I could not believe that Crowley and Smails were so incredulous when looking at the report that has to be given to the MGA by 12/1 and realized that they had upheld the MSP 91% of the time. Hell, you don't have to attend more than one meeting to know that that number is accurate.

At least four no shows tonight, not that this surprises me, the 91% sustaining MSP word is getting out, just as planned I'm sure.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Smails then suggested that restrictions should read "while transporting NFA items" which is when that douchebag Crowley, who knows just enough to really do stupid things, said that "we shouldn't do that, then people will ask for permits because they own suppressors".

This one stung

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm kinda thinking that they took away business owners restrictions in return for the crappy dumb board judges . Keep the Moms happy with a system that calms their fears while throwing us a bone(r)

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    They were responding to Hershon and both went said that they didn't agree with the 4th Circuit's decision in Woollard (which Crowley thinks happened after Wrenn btw) but that they were bound to uphold it. And then went straight to the MSP playbook and the old documented threats threshold and on and on.

Clearly not capable of independent thought and quite frankly they looked silly and pathetic. At least Silent Jacque was just that, he didn't open his mouth and remove any doubt. Smails and Crowley sounded an awful lot like the Chairman Thomas led boards of old.

He went on to say that they were looking to "legislative intent" for guidance, and then stated (correctly) that the intent of the legislature was that no one could carry a gun.

Apparently Hogan lost his list of HPRB candidates, and found an old list that Zero'Malley left in a desk drawer.

Last edited:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    “Apparently Hogan lost his list of HPRB candidates, and found an old list that Zero'Malley left in a desk drawer.”

I think you may be on to something.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Either that , or Hogan is actually playing 16 dimension Chess .

( Sarcasm , with side order of contempt )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom