• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    I'm going to get a handful of N95s from Home Depot, and get some more water jugs and long term storable food. But so far this isn't world war z...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    3q9vv4.jpg

I have been wondering about this. Have to wonder how much the pharma companies create disease, figure out the vaccine/cure, release the disease, and then follow up with the vaccine/cure.

My entire family got the flu shot this year. Been that way for a decade now. However, my 7 year old got sick on Thursday. Tested positive for the flu on Sunday morning. YAY. Now, I am sick and fighting this BS. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! According to my wife the pharmacist, the symptoms would be a lot worse if we had not gotten the flu shots and there is no way they can predict in August/September all the strains we will see during the year. We spent about $250 on Tamiflu.

Hopefully, we are over the flu so we can deal with the coronavirus.

Rant over.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have been wondering about this. Have to wonder how much the pharma companies create disease, figure out the vaccine/cure, release the disease, and then follow up with the vaccine/cure.

My entire family got the flu shot this year. Been that way for a decade now. However, my 7 year old got sick on Thursday. Tested positive for the flu on Sunday morning. YAY. Now, I am sick and fighting this BS. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! According to my wife the pharmacist, the symptoms would be a lot worse if we had not gotten the flu shots and there is no way they can predict in August/September all the strains we will see during the year. We spent about $250 on Tamiflu.

Hopefully, we are over the flu so we can deal with the coronavirus.

Rant over.
    Conspiracy theories regarding the medical profession crack me up.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, 12-18 months is the optimistic timeline if there are no hiccups. 3 months maybe to get an initial clinical trial underway (which is super speedy).

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Heard someone on TV say CDC is reporting a vaccine is three months out and who knows how long before adequate distribution could be made.

Yes, 12-18 months is the optimistic timeline if there are no hiccups. 3 months maybe to get an initial clinical trial underway (which is super speedy).

Send the vaccine over to the Chicoms and let them start sticking their people with it. Observe. Perfect testbed. No protests or they get shot (no pun intended).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Send the vaccine over to the Chicoms and let them start sticking their people with it. Observe. Perfect testbed. No protests or they get shot (no pun intended).

Wuhan might be the best place to test (or members of that Korean church). Wouldn't be surprised if it happens there.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I am most concerned about supply chain interruption and financial market fvckery than the illness itself. If you're very old or very young there are certainly legitimate concerns, which may now be added to an already long list of other equal or greater concerns.

I have personal concerns over over the availability of MOSH approved respirators so that my crews can continue to work and be in compliance with the (relatively) new silica standard. That, and all the other cheap material and components we build with. I can wait to see the lead times for mechanical and electrical equipment for school projects this summer.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If you have any prescriptions, see if your doc can give you a 90 day or more supply.

I "think" prescription refill duration is limited by insurance. That's what the Pharmacy told me on a past occasion.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I "think" prescription refill duration is limited by insurance. That's what the Pharmacy told me on a past occasion.

Correct.

Depending on the Rx, it may be affordable if you pay cash. Check out GoodRx.com.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    For people with actual medical knowledge... what are peoples opinions about getting the pneumonia vaccine? Its normally recommended for older/sicker people, but it seems like the mortality for this is closely associated with the pneumonia, the vaccine may help with that?

Pick up smoking and they’ll give you a pneumonia vaccine.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Heard someone on TV say CDC is reporting a vaccine is three months out and who knows how long before adequate distribution could be made.

Does it kill people in trials? Will the FDA or other relevant government agency let you make it. Can we make enough of it to be effective? Can we get it distributed and injected into enough people. What will be the cost of the vaccine? Will the manufacturer of the vaccine be protected by the government against claims from the recipients?

I am not hopeful that a vaccine will be available soon enough to make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom