• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I actually know what a years supply of toilet paper is for me because I ran a test for a year to see how much I used.

Disclaimers:
    Different brands and different roll sizes have widely differing sheet counts.
    Different brands require different numbers of sheets to get the same wiping experience and/or likelihood of poke through.
    Women will use more.
    Teen age girls will use even more.

Therefore the only way to know for sure is to run your own test with the brands you prefer and the actual people involved.

The more TP you are able to store and the better you are able to successfully ration the quantity used by your group the better prepared you will be because look at what is happening, TP in time of crises will be trading "gold".

Here is the summary of my year long test.

This test was done between 3/22/2012 and 3/21/2013.
    My TP choice was Charmin Ultra Strong (two ply) "Megga Rolls" = 4 regular rolls.

I kept track of my personal usage for one year which included all uses i.e. stopping blood flow, cleaning glasses, snot rags, and conventional usage. The summary finding was ten rolls lasted 363 days so I had to open the eleventh roll but only used a few sheets. So I keep a twelve pack (almost two extra rolls) on hand and when I first open that pack I buy another twelve pack. So I start with 24 rolls and my minimum stock is 12 rolls per person. For me a Megga roll lasts roughly one month, YMMV.

A suggestion to encourage conservation is the first of the month to hand each person one roll of TP and a bag of dried corn cobs then tell them no additional supply for a month so it is up to them to decide how much paper to use.

The only way to know for sure is to preform your own test!

From Survival in Bosnia A Contemporary Report
    We had no toilet paper; and if we had any, I would have traded it away.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Try visiting Cuba,which I spent two weeks in. No toilet seats and you gotta pay the pee pee lady coin and you get 3 squares of toilet paper.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    Hahaha.. it's true about ladies, sometimes I feel my wife use a roll every other day.
    I'm ready to install a bidet....

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hahaha.. it's true about ladies, sometimes I feel my wife use a roll every other day.

Just go this route.

a665f22d348b6fa035121e6a2e796af7.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

There's no good reason NOT to get a bidet for only $70.

https://www.brondell.com/freshspa-dual-temperature-bidet/

freshspa-fsw20-dual-temperature-bidet-attachment-installed-shot-closeup.jpg

I got this thing for my wife years ago, and she loved it.

There are fancier models built into toilet seats, but this $70 model is an excellent buy.

Did you think a bidet was a totally separate thing that requires extra bathroom space and major plumbing work to install?

Nowadays, my wife can't get to the toilet/bidet, so she has to use a bedside commode. The amount of toilet paper she uses is unbelievable. She started on a Charmin Megaroll last night, and it's almost gone one day later.

I am damn glad I started quietly stocking up on supplies last month.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Damn, less.than 12 rolls in a year? I thi k we go through more than that in a month....

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Try visiting Cuba,which I spent two weeks in. No toilet seats and you gotta pay the pee pee lady coin and you get 3 squares of toilet paper.

Same with much of Cancun ( outside the resorts) they hand you 3 squares, and, YOU CANNOT FLUSH IT! Sorry, I'm an American, once below the rim,,, it stays there, nothing returns from below the rim.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I actually know what a years supply of toilet paper is for me because I ran a test for a year to see how much I used.

How many bites does it take to fill you up at Breakfast? Again at Lunch and Dinner?

How many steps can you get with each pair of shoes?

How many shrinks does it take to cure you of obsessive behavior?

How long will your search take to find me and make me pay for this cruel critique?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This latest so called crisis has really woken me up . Once all this passes I will be making some much needed adjustments and will stock up on some of the supplies . I am putting together a list .

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Rookie........that’s why your stink eye will always Bbrown (lol see what i did there ;) )

Well, I certainly walked right into that one. :lol:

On the other hand, doesn't that aerosolize the dangling droplets much like a hand drier in a public WC?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well, I certainly walked right into that one. :lol:

It’s okay when all the TP is gone I’ll will send you a coupon book for one free weekly deuce at the Cree compound.

See limitations/exclusion on bottom of coupons! Offer not valid at all locations.

As for your second part i don’t know but what i do know is we can buy white bath towels with no worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom