• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Congratulations on your .45, now it is time to purchase a complete Glock 20 upper, so you can have a 10 & 45 :)

I mean, that’s the easiest way to swap. But don’t you just need barrel and magazines (I have G20 mags already)?

And yes, I got a 21 half because it allows me a 20. And Glock designed it as the 20 and converted it to .45. Rather than most other guys who took a .45 and converted it to a much hotter 10mm.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Ponytail? Who gives a shlt about your ponytail?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-06_10-01-17.png
      Screenshot_2020-04-06_10-01-17.png
      18.6 KB · Views: 664

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I mean, that’s the easiest way to swap. But don’t you just need barrel and magazines (I have G20 mags already)?

And yes, I got a 21 half because it allows me a 20. And Glock designed it as the 20 and converted it to .45. Rather than most other guys who took a .45 and converted it to a much hotter 10mm.

When I did my conversion, read a thread on glocktalk that stated: According to the The Complete Glock Reference Guide (Third Edition), G20 barrels will not fit in the G21 slide (page 144). This is pretty old information (circa 2006), so it does not cover the Gen4 models, but I have no other updated information on barrel fitting. So you would need the slide, as Vindic8 noted.

Later today, I will test my G20 barrel with the G21 slide and get back to you.

UPDATE I have a Gen 2 Glock 21. Using the Gen 3 10mm barrel, installed into the Gen 2 G21 upper without any issues. Dried fired a few times and worked as advertised. Interesting.

I have three calibers for my G21, .45, 10 & 460 Rolland

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When I did my conversion, read a thread on glocktalk that stated: According to the The Complete Glock Reference Guide (Third Edition), G20 barrels will not fit in the G21 slide (page 144). This is pretty old information (circa 2006), so it does not cover the Gen4 models, but I have no other updated information on barrel fitting. So you would need the slide, as Vindic8 noted.

Later today, I will test my G20 barrel with the G21 slide and get back to you.

UPDATE I have a Gen 2 Glock 21. Using the Gen 3 10mm barrel, installed into the Gen 2 G21 upper without any issues. Dried fired a few times and worked as advertised. Interesting.

I have three calibers for my G21, .45, 10 & 460 Rolland

Thanks for testing! I’ve seen both. I guess at worst I get The barrel and if it doesn’t seem to work I then get a 20 slide.

.460 Roland out of a Glock! Holy Hell! Were you worried about a squad of bears in the brush?

rocket1331

Jul 9, 2014
    So its disturbing that people want to arm themselves and have an ability to protect themselves and their own, while police departments are literally outlining the variety of crimes that they wont even bother responding to...that's cool. I figured a crime menu with low probability of consequences would disturb a tad more. And also the obligatory Baltimore is a piece of shit tidbit.:party29:

MadisonsGhost

Apr 8, 2020
    Vanessa

Gun stores shouldn't be closed for the same reason newspapers, radio. and TV stations should remain open...they all are in the business of exercising a constitutional right. Though not a few of her party would probably like to close them for an "emergency" too.

RNB3

Apr 24, 2019
    in dem mountinz
    How about some data and numbers on the Marylanders who find this "worrisome" there Rep. Atterbeary. I mean besides other D. Politicians and devout cronies.

Damn! I disagree with a good looking multi-racial(?) Congresswoman... I better check myself... I must be racist and misogynistic...

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Thanks for testing! I’ve seen both. I guess at worst I get The barrel and if it doesn’t seem to work I then get a 20 slide.

.460 Roland out of a Glock! Holy Hell! Were you worried about a squad of bears in the brush?

Nah, it was available, so I said why not. Mine is a Wolf barrel, with a 22pound RSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom