• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Local FFL's I will definitely buy from again: Engage Armament, United Gun Shop, Baltimore's Best Pawn, Gunrunners, Atlantic Gun Shop, Vienna Arsenal.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Duffy’s, The Gun Shop, Gun Connection, and Jlowe’s have all treated me well

This is my list, exactly. My last several purchases have been from Jlowe's. Also sent a buddy of mine, who was new to the process, over there. John walked him through everything and I was told it was a great experience.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    My favorite C&R LGS was years ahead of COVID...

Attachments

• AFF767F1-4F2B-4FC4-B87D-8EC95CC084BC.jpeg
      AFF767F1-4F2B-4FC4-B87D-8EC95CC084BC.jpeg
      94.2 KB · Views: 839

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Tyler's, duffy's, United, and scott's.

Scott's used to have a guy there named Chad (clandestine on this forum). Chad was the reason I went to scott's for so long. Between him and Scott, if they can't fix your gun it ain't broke. Both super nice guys and always takes care of ya.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Baltimore's Best Pawn/Maryland Elite Firearms is my new go-to. I like Duffy's too for gun smithing services. United is fantastic, but boy do I hate making that drive.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I’ll go with worst in my experience: Pasadena Pawn & Gun- attitude first time I stopped in when they were new prevented a return visit, Select Fire- seems decent now so far as Cindy’s Hot Shots, Clyde’s - attitude issues and general disinterest in my money.
    Pasadena P&G at first did not leave a good impression but the owner turned out to be ok ,did me right.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tyler's, duffy's, United, and scott's.

Scott's used to have a guy there named Chad (clandestine on this forum). Chad was the reason I went to scott's for so long. Between him and Scott, if they can't fix your gun it ain't broke. Both super nice guys and always takes care of ya.

Not to be a smart ass but you know Chad is super active here right?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I will give another shout out for United as well. I have only bought consignment guns there and only if it something specific I wanted, cuz its a hike for me. But they were always cordial and also worked first in first to receive attention. Helped me out until I was done.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    So what happened there? Did Horst buy out McCann? Cause when it was H&M I wouldnt give them the time of day. I've been to the range several times and really like the place.

There were 2 brothers John & Mike Horst...

McCann was an employee & long time friend of Johns...

John sold the business to his brother Mike...

The last I heard was that McCann was teaching school...

Once Mike Horst took over the place had a major attitude adjustment & really came to life...

It's a good place to buy sell transfer & shoot indoors...

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I used to like MD...

Then I moved to VA. I walked in with cash... Walked out with a Glock43x. Try that in any MD shop no matter how good. ;):D:bannana:

Please Sir, with all due respect I have to disagree with your post. You didn't "USED" to like MD, you were like me, we just didn't fully understand how much we hated it. The more your away from there, the less you want to go back. :)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yeah, but he doesn't work there anymore. Or at least he didn't when I moved to NC 3 years ago. Just came back to MD in april.

No now he runs School of the American Rifle. You'll find he is still super active around these parts and Facebook.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Yeah I see him post all the time. I'm familiar with his SOTAR business. He's a great dude.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Some real good gun shops around. Some are IPs here on this site. The best gun shop that you will find is Scotts gun shop in Glen Burnie. None better. Before I moved from Md, that is where I went. Nice shop, good people, good deals, and honest. Also if Scott can't fix it, it can't be fixed. Don't matter how far you have to go, it's worth the trip.

http://www.scotts-gunsmithing.com/

Meh. I have had bad experiences there. I lived right around the corner. The last one was probably 15 years ago. Went in with cash, $1500, and tried to buy something. The guy at the counter was working with me. Then a guy walked in and started talking about how he was a cop. Suddenly I wasnt worth shit and he switched to the "cop" who didnt buy anything. I ended up walking out without anything.

My favorite is 2A in Jessup, I have never had a bad experience and they were always straight up. First in line is first served, and so on. No BS and honest. He was able to remember me even though I only buy every few years and dont stop in unless I am buying.

Tyler Firearms in Arbutus is also good. Smaller shop. Always seemed friendly enough. Much closer to me than 2A. But 2A was still my go to.

I had a less that stellar experience at Scott's gun shop years ago. Brought in a turkish mauser with a sticking bolt; he didn't even want to look at it stating that it wasn't worth the time for an old C&R rifle such as that,

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'll second MD Elite Firearms / Baltimore's Best Pawn (one in the same)... I've been dealing with them for years and they treat you like family.

Duffy's Gun Room and A1 Uniforms are also very good folks to deal with, and they know their stuff.

Yup and add in Tylers. Good peeps as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom