• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Anyone have one? Thoughts? I here the round is a pita to reload.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I want one, when I saw it at the Harrisburg gun show I went wow this blows the FN out of the water. The only missing thing for me was a factory threaded barrel. I’ve seen someone has done that already.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have had 1 for about a year now. I love it !! and find it easier to hold and shoot than the FN . put about 350 rds through it so far. Its fun to shoot, and recoil is minimal!!. nice trigger out of the box. Ruger out did themselves on this 1. I may eventually pick up another 1 to put a RMR on. Grip feels fantastic ( much better than the fn in my opinion, I had a fn for about 5 years before I sold it) can't say enough good things about it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Thinking about a Ruger 57 right now. I do see on the Ruger website that you can buy a threaded barrel for it. They are proud of it though, $300

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    I have one, it is my wife's favorite pistol. Ammo is challenging right now. Check out the ballistics on the round quite versatile, long range targets or home invaders great options

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    This gun was solidly on my radar pre-covid. Handled one in Harrisburg at GAO in February 2020. Seemed to be well thought out design-wise and well executed in production. Good to hear positive experiences with it in real life. May have to put it back on the list as ammo supply starts trending upward, eventually.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have one, it is my wife's favorite pistol. Ammo is challenging right now. Check out the ballistics on the round quite versatile, long range targets or home invaders great options

Exactly where my brain went, pistol for the wife or kids to shoot. I likely wouldn't reload for it personally, round count wouldn't be high enough to justify for me.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Thinking about a Ruger 57 right now. I do see on the Ruger website that you can buy a threaded barrel for it. They are proud of it though, $300

I have a Ruger 57, haven't shot it yet though because of stupid COVID ammo crisis. I hope to take it out soon though.

I also have a 5.7 rated can so the threaded barrel is of great interest to me. Everywhere I've looked wants around $200 to thread the factory barrel. I'd rather pay a little more to have the option of keeping factory barrel plus a replacement (threaded) barrel. I'm hoping they do come down on that price a bit though, $300 is practically half the price of the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom