• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    can i use paintball to shoot at the intruder without worry for legal consequence?

There is legal consequence for everything

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    They do make pepperballs,,, but not sure YOU want to be exposed as well.

I don't know if they're the correct diameter for commercial paintball markers. I believe the FN-303 specifically took a different size just to avoid the ammo being easily available.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    have you considered nerf?
    When I was a kid we used to put sewing needles in hot glued into the tips and shoot them at stuff.
    I would not use anything mentioned on this thread including a crossbow for in home self defense. I know you could use the crossbow but what do you do for 2 intruders? What if your first shot is a miss? What if.... I'd imagine a gun would be much better.

Have you considered a handgun? If not, why?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I always get the vibe that the answer is “maybe I will when I’m 21,” or “I had a little misunderstanding with Johnny Law a few years ago, and that’s not an option for me any more.”

If firearms aren't an option, I'd go with alarms, good locks, vigilant dogs, pepper spray and a tazer.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If firearms aren't an option, I'd go with alarms, good locks, vigilant dogs, pepper spray and a tazer.

That and a better job through which to land in a better neighborhood, if possible. But you’re right: just a few things that make a place less appealing will push the burglar down the street to another target. Lights and cameras definitely help.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If you defend yourself with ANYTHING, best to get a lawyer. Often times people choose less than lethal weapons for defense, and it has a few problems. It's still use of force, and often time less lethal weapons like OC spray can be classified as a deadly weapon when used in a crime aka unlawful defense. They are less effective, can be harder to use, and some improvised things like wasp spray can be unlawful for other reasons(EPA pesticide misuse law). Best bet, get training, this will probably answer your questions, then if you can lawfully own and train with a firearm, do that and be better prepared to defend your home.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I think you should go with it! Using a paintball or airsoft gun for home defense is an awesome legal opening for the intruder to justify killing you in self defense.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't know if they're the correct diameter for commercial paintball markers. I believe the FN-303 specifically took a different size just to avoid the ammo being easily available.

Pretty sure 0.68 caliber pepper balls are online.

The claims are to LEO power are suspect.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah Martingale , are you a Convicted Felon ? Are you perhaps posting after an adult beverage or twelve ?

Nothing allows you free reign to employ w/o potential consequences .

If you were suddenly attacked while minding your own business at the airsoft/ paintball target range , the highest and most effective defensive usefulness of said airsoft/ paintball launcher would be as an impact weapon.

Yes , Pepperballs are available in both .68 and .50 . That said their strong suit would be discouragement at a distance , rather that up close and personal .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ah Martingale , are you a Convicted Felon ? Are you perhaps posting after an adult beverage or twelve ?

Nothing allows you free reign to employ w/o potential consequences .

If you were suddenly attacked while minding your own business at the airsoft/ paintball target range , the highest and most effective defensive usefulness of said airsoft/ paintball launcher would be as an impact weapon.

Yes , Pepperballs are available in both .68 and .50 . That said their strong suit would be discouragement at a distance , rather that up close and personal .

From a mile away....

giphy.gif

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

Thanks Capt Buzzkill! Lol,

Oh well, it was a shot, no pun intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom