• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If MSI sues on behalf of its members and wins 1983(?) fees, are those distributed to the members?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    You are one of a very few that I read what you post, but this has to be one of the silliest things you have posted. The AG cares not about the states pocket book.
    NJ and CA have both admitted defeat on their may-issue carry schemes and are shall-issue via decree. Their various carry cases will need to go to status conference and the parties agree to a path forward, but as a decree can be overturned they are not moot.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Apparently Delaware signed their awb / mb today!

Wow! Theses people are begging…. Just begging for attention!

Class E Felony in DE: possession of a “machine gun or any other firearm or weapon which is adaptable for use as a machine gun.”

Adaptable? That’s so broad there is no way to confidently interpret that one.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Class E Felony in DE: possession of a “machine gun or any other firearm or weapon which is adaptable for use as a machine gun.”

I guess I can't bring my M1 carbines into DE.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017

The longer I walk this earth, the more I despise Democrats. Our founding fathers and generations of servicemen/women who fought for this county so that these scumbags who live in freedom and prosperity can subject their constituents to their tyrannical rules. They are not worthy Americans who inherited the genes of their ancestors.

If there was a God, they should have been born into some lawless underdeveloped countries. If reincarnation is true, they should be born into forsaken lands in their next lives for eternity.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The longer I walk this earth, the more I despise Democrats. Our founding fathers and generations of servicemen/women who fought for this county so that these scumbags who live in freedom and prosperity can subject their constituents to their tyrannical rules. They are not worthy Americans who inherited the genes of their ancestors.

If there was a God, they should have been born into some lawless underdeveloped countries. If reincarnation is true, they should be born into forsaken lands in their next lives for eternity.

If it's any comfort to you, upon the success of the Dem Progressive agenda, their children will be born into a lawless forsaken land.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland

I can go along with all that... As far as I'm concerned they're the scum of the earth !

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If MSI sues on behalf of its members and wins 1983(?) fees, are those distributed to the members?
    Free lunch? You are kidding, right? But if not, the answer is "no," unless of course a member was an attorney and litigated on behalf of MSI. You have got to have an incentive for counsel to take a case and lawyers don't work for free. These cases are time burners. Section 1988 fees are always contingent. You have got to "prevail" with a final judgment and that can take years.

Last edited:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Free lunch? You are kidding, right? But if not, the answer is "no," unless of course a member was an attorney and litigated on behalf of MSI. You have got to have an incentive for counsel to take a case and lawyers don't work for free. These cases are time burners. Section 1988 fees are always contingent. You have got to "prevail" with a final judgment and that can take years.
    Did NYSRPA v NYC ever end in a determination on damages from the lower courts, or was the per curiam the end of it?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Did NYSRPA v NYC ever end in a determination on damages from the lower courts, or was the per curiam the end of it?
    If I am not mistaken, it was remanded to 2CA, but has not been acted on by the court yet. The fight over 1988 fees will be a long one, as in years, unless NY and the plaintiffs come to a settlement agreement that the court is ok with. And the NY Gov will never allow that to happen.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Was that the one about the premise permit? And not being able to leave the city ?

i thought scotus mooted the case because the state changed the law. also thought that it was read as completely done because the state changed the law and no damages were sought. I may be mistaken.

it was my read, as a non lawyer, that had the lawyer made a damage claim, the case would have gone back and needed resolution. I could be mistaken.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The NYSRPA v NYC was remanded to 2CA and they remanded down to SDNY. No additional docket entries after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom