• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    For the racers around Maryland it looks like 75-80 Dragway will be reopening. From post I've seen on facebook the track has been sold as of June 2021. The new owners are leasing it out to someone who is working to clean up the track and are hoping to have it open mid July 2021. Sounds like they are going to be doing no prep/grudge racing to start and possible index racing. No bracket racing at this point. I'm assuming maybe because they need a timing systems as the track has sat dormant for many years.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Spent many days there and wish them well but my gut reaction is that it will ultimately end up being inhabited by a bunch of douchbags that don't know how to behave constantly causing problems rather than anything close to what it was before it closed the first time.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Saw someone there running a pressure-washer on-site last night. Was unusual because that area is completely overgrown and disused.

75-80 is part of the local charm in that area. I'm sure the MoCo transplants won't like it ... maybe they could relocate somewhere less rural like ... MoCo.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I vividly remember my first time running at 75/80. I had a slightly modified 12 second Buick Grand National that still had the power disaster brake system. It was an adventure.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I remember the big names at Capitol years ago... Jungle Jim, Malcolm Durham, Prudhom. Garlitz ect and my buddies Nova Lil Rowdy SS/D car.
    Sox and Martin being my favorite... MOPAR Muscle!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Spent many days there and wish them well but my gut reaction is that it will ultimately end up being inhabited by a bunch of douchbags that don't know how to behave constantly causing problems rather than anything close to what it was before it closed the first time.

The new residents of Urbana and Monrovia will use that to their advantage to shut the place down.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    not much they can do , they will just have to be done by 11:00 , so to adhere to the noise ordenance .

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    The new residents of Urbana and Monrovia will use that to their advantage to shut the place down.

Yes sir, I agree. They will call FCSO every time they get the chance and utilize every issue as an argument to close it.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Alot of imports running with those damn fart cans on the exhaust.
    Would be nice if it returned to it's original form from the 70's-80's.
    It will not last long. :sad20:

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Flash Back's 75/80...memories, the Rat motored 71 Chevelle SS liked it back
    in the late 70's. good memories. Mason Dixon, Capital, York, etc...
    Had plenty of fun them. Lets see here, Larry, Nelson Grimes, Ronnie Hardsock,
    and some others from back then. Some of the guys from Coleman Brothers.

-Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom