• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just landed on the Maryland Roster today.

Attachments

• 30CF14B8-63F3-4A38-99E7-CEA1B2A127A8.jpeg
      30CF14B8-63F3-4A38-99E7-CEA1B2A127A8.jpeg
      17.9 KB · Views: 313

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Anyone have one yet?
    I really want to like it, but I've seen some Ruger oxide finishes that are about as durable as crayon.

I sure wish they'd put some effort into turning out long guns. I've had American Ranch rifle in 350 legend on order since the end of January. I sent the Facebook message to their social media administrator and he had no idea when those rifles would be back in stock on a regular basis. Apparently they have several hundred thousand on back order. I have an Oklahoma hog hunt schedule for early February next year. I was hoping to use it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Anyone have one yet?
    I really want to like it, but I've seen some Ruger oxide finishes that are about as durable as crayon.

I’ve got one- I had prepaid on one a month or two before and picked it up the day it cleared the roster in August. It’s a nice package overall, my only complaint it rattles a bit. No issues shooting or with carrying but the rattle is a bit annoying.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I sure wish they'd put some effort into turning out long guns. I've had American Ranch rifle in 350 legend on order since the end of January. I sent the Facebook message to their social media administrator and he had no idea when those rifles would be back in stock on a regular basis. Apparently they have several hundred thousand on back order. I have an Oklahoma hog hunt schedule for early February next year. I was hoping to use it.

And here I am, over here, hoping I can get my name on the waitlist for a Ruger-Marlin 1894 in .357 (CSBT or Dark) and threaded soon. Hopefully it doesn’t take them a year or two to get around to spinning up production of them again.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

Where did you even back-order it from? There is a couple Ruger American models I wish I could order but never can find them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    After handling multiple P365 variants, flavors of G43s, Springfield Hellcats and others in that space, Mrs. Occam just settled on and brought home one of these Max-9s, already fitted with a Crimson Trace holo sight. She loves it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    After handling multiple P365 variants, flavors of G43s, Springfield Hellcats and others in that space, Mrs. Occam just settled on and brought home one of these Max-9s, already fitted with a Crimson Trace holo sight. She loves it.

I’ve got the Hellcat and the Max 9. The stock trigger on the Max 9 is really very smooth and crisp. Probably one of the best out if the box triggers for a sub $500 pistol, that I’ve personally tried. I liked it so much better than the Hellcat that I ended up getting an Apex trigger for the hellcat, which is a big improvement.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’ve got the Hellcat and the Max 9. The stock trigger on the Max 9 is really very smooth and crisp. Probably one of the best out if the box triggers for a sub $500 pistol, that I’ve personally tried. I liked it so much better than the Hellcat that I ended up getting an Apex trigger for the hellcat, which is a big improvement.
    For my wife, she liked the more rounded (less snaggy) design. And even with her smaller hands, she can drop a mag without compromising her grip (can't do it on the SIG or the Springfield). Can also lock the slide back without a fight. Tonight she did a field strip and was pleasantly surprised how painless that was. It's small differences in small ways, but they add up to a small carry pistol she likes, rather than one she'd have to tolerate. And made right here in the USofA! It's a winner. Glad to see Ruger keeping up with the more glamorous makers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom