• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ‘Morning, all!

Any members own - or had the oppty to shoot - the CP33 from KelTec?

I’m curious about feed and function reliability … one toe in the water as far as getting one and putting a dot sight on it for rimfire steel shooting …

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I do. Mine feeds fine with CCi standard. I replaced the mag latch with the Mcarbo latch that holds the mag a little higher and that has improved feeding.

Some like different ammo, usually loose bullet seating or polymer coating will cause issues

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Thanks! Much appreciated! I’m gonna “sleep on it” until the current invasion of house guests depart and then make a decision …. Lol, one thing I know fer sure is no matter what gun(s) in buy going forward I’m getting at least a dozen (or two dozen) mags for it while they’re readily available!

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Well the mags cost about $40-$50 each, so its going to cost a pretty penny to get 24.
    Here is mine.

Farrowtech adapter with A3 SteadyBrace

"TrungTheMaker" 3D printed AFG with pic rail and thumb rest

Kel Tec +17 Extension

Bushnell gold text model TRS-25

Form 1 solvent trap

Attachments

• PXL_20210506_162953756.jpg
      PXL_20210506_162953756.jpg
      70.4 KB · Views: 694

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have one, it's awesome. Similar setup to Biggies with the Farrowtech telescoping adapter, but steadybrace AFG / brace and a Bushnell RXS100 dot sight. The adapter is a little flimsy, but strong, I did adjust the screw a hair so the lock moved freely, and glued the rubber plugs in the end, before I did the brace came right out if you deployed it too quick. The high rail on the left and low rail on the right are kinda goofy, wish they were both low. It's a ton of fun especially suppressed with CCI quiet semi-autos. The American speedloader loader is pretty good, and will help you dump out bricks of ammo all to fast.
    It seems like the bolt might be a little light, it flings CCI Mini mag brass pretty far, standard velocity are perfect. The trigger out of the box is a nice 3#, the Mcarbo trigger makes it great, same weight, but can adjust out the fair ammount of overtravel/reset travel, and is a much more comfortable shape, kind of a pain to install, but worth it. The pistol is all about the mag, it's what makes it special, it's patented, and it's expensive, $80 for a spare mag and +17(50rd total) extension. It's pretty accurate, mine hiccuped a little out of the box, some bullets would catch the sharp edge around the chamber, but just knocked the edge down a little with a felt bit and polish, and it feeds 100% now.

20210618_125011.jpg

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I had one and sold it. Not a bad pistol. Light and fun to shoot. Accurate. Helps you blow through ammo pretty quickly. Misfeeds once in awhile. You have to make sure to load the magazine properly and using their loader sure makes it easier. I don't regret buying it and I didn't regret selling it.

PTM76

Oct 30, 2007
    I have one and love it. Very fun gun.

I have the American Speedloader for it, and it works perfectly.

I have a few mags that I put the extension on also.

I had a few failures with it, but most of them were because I wasn't cleaning it much.

I have not experienced any loose screw malfunctions, but I check them often.

PTM76

Oct 30, 2007
    Well the mags cost about $40-$50 each, so its going to cost a pretty penny to get 24.
    Here is mine.

Farrowtech adapter with A3 SteadyBrace

"TrungTheMaker" 3D printed AFG with pic rail and thumb rest

Kel Tec +17 Extension

Bushnell gold text model TRS-25

Form 1 solvent trap

I like that VFG. I don't have a printer though. I wanted to form 1 mine.

Is there a print file to adapt the little B&T USW Stock to it?

I should buy a 3D printer......

Im going to buy a 3D printer......

Whats a good one? Multi-purpose-wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom