• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Go easy on me…….I grabbed a windham weaponry R16A4T. This is my first experience with a long gun aside from an 870 express.

I can already tell this is gonna be fun and expensive. New quad rail hand guard is coming, as is a scope, light and sling. I’m thinking I’m gonna need a trigger swap too but I’m gonna send a few rounds down range before committing to that.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I was so excited to get it today that I could barley sleep last night. I kept having dreams that it was regulated and it needed to sit in gun jail for 7 days

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Congrats.

Now, whatever you do, DO NOT put a Geissele High Speed National Match trigger in it. The pins Geissele ships with that package are .156 and you will need a big hammer to get them into your milspec .154 bores and once in, you will never be able to go back to milspec .154 pins or any triggers requiring milspec .154 pins. Plus, I’m finding Geissele customer service to be about the worst I’ve ever encountered in the shooting industry … I was warned and now everything I’ve told about an attitude of “we walk on water and our sht don’t stink” is turning out to be nightmarishly true!

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Great choice, there's tons of parts support and modularity for the AR-15 platform. If ammo is an issue, you can always convert it to shoot something more available and relatively decent priced, i.e. 7.62x39 ammoseek price coming out at ~.30 cpr shipped, (dedicated upper, mags, maybe buffer/springs) and plink away.

CMMG also makes a 22lr conversion that replaces the bolt and mags if you got a ton of 22lr stocked up.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I picked it up for 859, I thought the price was good, or at least worth it to me.

For the trigger, I’m gonna shoot a few hundred rounds and then do some research on options available

Sirex