• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Was told today that TC has folded and stopped product. Also it appears and Remington Firearms has purchased TC. Not sure what will happen next.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    T/C was real back in the day when they were owned by themselves. I have a .50 Hawken Kit percussion that I put together myself, a .50 L/H Renegade percussion, a .50 Omega and a .50 Triumph they are all bad ass! All have taken deer. Did what they were designed to do as long as I did my part. They aren't going anywhere until I leave this earth. If someone else takes T/C over not sure how the quality will be. I think they were still alright when S&W owned them. Put it this way both my Omega and Triumph have been very good.

Their recent offering of the TC Compass was the best rifle deal ever- IMHO.
    El Cheapo (TC Compass in 6.5 Manbun) came with a Vortex Crossfire II in 3-9x40 and after rebate went for ~$275 + FFL transfer. One of the most accurate rifles I have ever fired.
    I swear they would have sold a lot more if they upped the price to $600. Too many people saw the price tag and assumed they were junk.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Their recent offering of the TC Compass was the best rifle deal ever- IMHO.
    El Cheapo (TC Compass in 6.5 Manbun) came with a Vortex Crossfire II in 3-9x40 and after rebate went for ~$275 + FFL transfer. One of the most accurate rifles I have ever fired.
    I swear they would have sold a lot more if they upped the price to $600. Too many people saw the price tag and assumed they were junk.

Agreed - got one in 308 and very happy with it. The Oryx chassis made it even better.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I've got my first TC coming... 80s version with .45 Colt,. 44 mag, and .45 win mag barrels. Figure that I may do my first pistol deer hunt this year.

Nice...The Contender one frame several cartridges. The 45 Win Mag is a
    fun one to reload for got some loaded with the Speer " flying ashtrays"
    45 Colt is nice and the 44 mag on top of that. Barrels won't even go there,
    the Herretts, JDJ rounds, 357-44 B&D, 9mm Win Mag, K-Hornet, 218 Bee,
    256 Win Mag plus others old octagon barrels, external chokes, 45/410.
    Hunt with the 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ. Anyway you will be having some fun,
    reload for them to bring it all out.

-Rock

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Had a TC Icon Classic in .270 shot .5-.7 MOA all day long.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Icon.PNG
      Icon.PNG
      8.6 KB · Views: 321

ProofMark

Aug 5, 2021
    Was told today that TC has folded and stopped product. Also it appears and Remington Firearms has purchased TC. Not sure what will happen next.

Remington is incorrect. I’m a manufacturer for T/C, haven’t gotten any word that they’ve stopped all production yet. S&W owns T/C.

Edit:: To add to this, we manufacture the T/C MaxiBalls (.50Cal Muzzleloader bullets) and again have no indication that this is true. I can’t imagine them just stopping hundreds of thousands of dollars of business a year without sending us notification.

Edit x2: Apparently they have sold it. I have yet to see anything legitimate stating Remington bought it, and I have yet to hear from AOB about them selling and what is to happen.

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The early T/c products primarily the muzzleloader products were high quality barr none.

I would imagine for those that were into or who current owners of the pistols, contender and such would contest to the same.

What was it, maybe in the mid to late 90’s or so ownership changed and initial quality began to suffer as marketing advertisement increased.

Even though they had some decent relatively innovative offerings quality seemed to begin to fade.
    Like Ruger , lost wax casting to minimize machining was one of their manufacturing hallmarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom