• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    We spent the last two years overseas with our stuff in storage. When I put my gun and ammo in storage, I left the ammo in a locked box, just like I keep it at home. (I have three boys.)

Well, we are back stateside, but living in a short-term rental for another month. In the storage unit, I found the gun and ammo box, but no sign of the key. Next time, lock the storage unit, but leave the box unlocked!

When I shot the last of my ammo (now locked in the box), I wanted to start reloading because I would like to use non-toxic even though lead is permitted when hunting doves. Also, I would like to use a cardboard or fiber wad. I hate leaving plastic out in the field, even though I know a plastic hull is a drop in the ocean of plastic.

With my ammo safely locked away, I thought about reloading. In our cramped short-term rental, I have no place to start reloading, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to reload a box of ammo like what I described. I would have put this in classifieds since I am happy to pay, but I haven't met the 50 post requirement (spending 2 years away from Maryland).

If there's something wrong with this request or I placed it wrong, my apologies, I am not trying to offend or make trouble.

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    Not yet

When we move in a month, we will empty the storage unit and there's a fair chance the key will be found. If not, I will cut the lock.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    OP, what you are suggesting also can get the person reloading for you in trouble as you are paying for them to manufacture ammunition for you without a FFL 06 or 07 license.

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    Not surprising

I figured there was something I was missing. If anyone with an FFL is willing, I am still interested.

Any advice for finding non-toxic ammo with cardboard or paper wads? I am in Montgomery County.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Perhaps one of our members would teach you to reload your own ammo using his equipment? It wouldn't hurt to ask and would be legal. I am not currently set up for reloading shotgun but there are people on the forum that can.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    You need a set of theses.

Attachments

• 20210924_124102.jpg
      20210924_124102.jpg
      155.5 KB · Views: 582

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Lockpicking is an enjoyable hobby for many people. A family member got into it for a while and I was surprised how easy it was. Particularly a lock like master no4. When I'm concentrating reeeeally hard it takes me about 6 minutes. When I poke in the tension wrench and the pick and juggle it around its much faster.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Lockpicking is an enjoyable hobby for many people. A family member got into it for a while and I was surprised how easy it was. Particularly a lock like master no4. When I'm concentrating reeeeally hard it takes me about 6 minutes. When I poke in the tension wrench and the pick and juggle it around its much faster.

I went to the Navy locksmith school and have a diploma in locksmithing and electronic security. I use to have my own business but mainly did safe work.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015

Bitch picking.

I can open masters, Americans, schlades, mul-T, paclock, dimples, LOTO, and many more. I even have a ratyoke pick.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I read the whole thread but still don’t understand why you wouldn’t just cut the lock off? Angle grinder is easy and cheap.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I read the whole thread but still don’t understand why you wouldn’t just cut the lock off? Angle grinder is easy and cheap.

Yes, I'm imagining a large box with a $5 masterlock on it. Maybe I'm wrong though??

When I had a bunch of ammo in a storage lockerit was in cardboard boxes so all I needed was my pocket knife to dig some out!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    You should be able to rake open that lock. You can make the 2 tools you need from a windshield wiper insert using a hand file and pliers.

Bosnian Bill will show you how ;)
    Start at 1:00

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Yes, I'm imagining a large box with a $5 masterlock on it. Maybe I'm wrong though??

When I had a bunch of ammo in a storage lockerit was in cardboard boxes so all I needed was my pocket knife to dig some out!

Cordless Dremel and cordless Angle Grinder are great tools to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom