• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    Thank you all

All good suggestions. I will cut or pick the lock on October 16 if I don't find that key when we empty the storage locker on October 15. I am fairly certain that I put the key in a safe place, I just can't remember where that was now that it's been two years.

But, yes, that ammo will be rescued one way or another on October 16.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    You need a set of theses.

Isn't that what locksmith plays with for 15 minutes before using the bump key and opening door in 10 seconds so that the person feels valid and paying the fee for locksmith? Just kidding of course. I learned how to bump key a few years ago and it was absolutely epic. We played some awesome jokes in the office.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Isn't that what locksmith plays with for 15 minutes before using the bump key and opening door in 10 seconds so that the person feels valid and paying the fee for locksmith? Just kidding of course. I learned how to bump key a few years ago and it was absolutely epic. We played some awesome jokes in the office.

When I use to have my business I contracted with several banks to open safety deposit boxes and install new locks. Basically the majority of safety deposit locks are settable wafer locks. When customers lost their keys I used a nose puller to pull out he guts on the customer side of the lock in their plain view. This was for show it took me 1/2 the time to pick it. Usually the banks had their own replacements locks. I was paid very well for my services.

When I worked as a contractor an office associate lost their keys and had a spare set in their file cabinet which was locked. The company was going to call a locksmith I told them I can open it. I used 2 paper clips one bent to use as a turning tool and the other to manipulate the pins in about 30 seconds the cabinet was open. The looks on their faces was priceless.

I was at a trade show when the first biaxial keyways were introduced as pick proof. They challenged anyone to try to pick their locks. One guy did it in about 10 minutes and was the only one to do so.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423

Yep...played with the 'bump" when it was popular. Where I worked at
    they had everything locked / magnetic contacts, etc.

-rock

ProofMark

Aug 5, 2021
    If you still need somebody to load stuff, give me a shout. Have an FFL, licensed business. We specialize in this.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I figured there was something I was missing. If anyone with an FFL is willing, I am still interested.

Any advice for finding non-toxic ammo with cardboard or paper wads? I am in Montgomery County.

What kind of a lock turns out to be more expensive to cut than paying somebody to reload a box of shells for you? Is there more to this than I am seeing?

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    To OMCHamlin

I wasn't clear enough in the OP. The lock with the mislaid key was just the nudge to something I had been thinking about for a long time.

For a while, I have wanted to shoot fiber or carboard wads so I wasn't leaving plastic behind. I try to find my own and I bring home a lot of other people's wads and hulls.

But I can't seem to find any factory ammo with fiber/cardboard wads. When I shoot the last of my current ammo, I will probably start reloading if I can't find preloaded ammo like that.

In two weeks, I expect to find that key and start shooting those boxes of factory ammo.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I wasn't clear enough in the OP. The lock with the mislaid key was just the nudge to something I had been thinking about for a long time.

For a while, I have wanted to shoot fiber or carboard wads so I wasn't leaving plastic behind. I try to find my own and I bring home a lot of other people's wads and hulls.

But I can't seem to find any factory ammo with fiber/cardboard wads. When I shoot the last of my current ammo, I will probably start reloading if I can't find preloaded ammo like that.

In two weeks, I expect to find that key and start shooting those boxes of factory ammo.
    Check into Track of the Wolf, they may have what you're looking for

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/171/1

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau

I got ya, well, good luck, hopefully you'll get into that soon enough.

Rockvillain

Apr 16, 2010
    Key found

Two years ago, I was very clever. I put the keys to the ammo boxes in a special little box, along with the keys to the Thule. That little box was never lost, I had it all along in a shoebox along with other important things. I just needed to remember that I had been careful and clever two years ago.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The boxes are now open and the ammo will be shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom