• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So out of the couple of dozen people that attended tonight's meeting, There were about 12 pro-gunners, 2 Moms Demand Action. That was the extend of the SAFE ACT turnout portion of the program. Out of that pack, One mom testified at the end of the meeting with the same talking points they always make. To my count, there were 4 pro-gunners that testified. I sincerely hope to see a lot more people at the workshop scheduled for January 14 at 2PM, 400 Washington Avenue, Towson Maryland, 2nd floor. Juian E. Jones Jr. was the only one making any comments after the testimonies and he is clearly under the assumption this is NOT going to be an expensive cost to gun dealers or gun shows to upgrade level of security to make everyone "safe". He also made the statement that to his knowledge there are absolutely no standards for gun storage in gun shops. 2 members of the council were absent, leaving 5 to run business tonight. The remaining 4 council members had zero to say about the SAFE ACT and maintained their wooden statue status. Let's hope the gun dealers show up and stand up for themselves. The number of us pro-gunners matter in that chamber on January 14. SHOW UP and TESTIFY! I will see you there!

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Response from a council member:

Thank you for sharing your position with us on this bill. We appreciate it. Despite seven of the county’s 18 firearm retail establishments suffering burglaries 10 times in 2018 and 2019, there are currently no restrictions or requirements for these retailers to secure their stores or inventory after they are closed. Promoting and protecting public safety is a top priority Councilman Patoka, and he believes it’s clear we must do more to deter, prevent and eliminate keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals.

Councilman Patoka has said publicly that the SAFE Act is common-sense legislation that would help keep stolen guns and weapons off our streets and out of our communities.

Additionally, Councilman Patoka and the County Council are exploring grant opportunities and other mechanisms to help ease the burden and offset the financial cost this bill would have, if passed, on firearm retailers to install any additional safety measures.

Thanks,

Justin Silberman
    Senior Legislative Aide
    Office of Councilman Izzy Patoka
    410-887-3385

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This is a farce , and a six month compliance is sick as well . If they are jamming this crap down give businesses a year or so to comply . Six months don't even complete a lease year for the gun business to move out and find another place >IMHO

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

Thank you for sharing your position with us on this bill. We appreciate it. Despite seven of the county’s 18 firearm retail establishments suffering burglaries 10 times in 2018 and 2019, there are currently no restrictions or requirements for these retailers to secure their stores or inventory after they are closed. Promoting and protecting public safety is a top priority Councilman Patoka, and he believes it’s clear we must do more to deter, prevent and eliminate keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals.

Councilman Patoka has said publicly that the SAFE Act is common-sense legislation that would help keep stolen guns and weapons off our streets and out of our communities.

Additionally, Councilman Patoka and the County Council are exploring grant opportunities and other mechanisms to help ease the burden and offset the financial cost this bill would have, if passed, on firearm retailers to install any additional safety measures.

Thanks,

Justin Silberman
    Senior Legislative Aide
    410-887-3385

I reached out to Wade Koch but didn't hear back

He ought have known better than to vote for this though as the only Republican on the council

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Thanks,

Justin Silberman
    Senior Legislative Aide
    410-887-3385

Common sense... I call MICROAGRESSION!!

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Look like some of it is at the discretion of the chief of police. What a scam. Just saw the story on fox 45. Mark P was interviewed.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I am interested in reading the final bill. I did not make the workshop last week on the 14th. I was preparing for Annapolis on the 15th.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I think Senators Hough and Ready's "Shall Issue" bill should be retitled the "Baltimore Safe Act II". Then watch all thoses liberal heads explode.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Kach and Marks voted for it.

Losers.

I've voted against Kach every time he has appeared on a ballot regardless of office because he's a chump and a snake.

The amendments didn't change anything of relevance - this thing is bad news.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Anytime we have more Government we make more problems , always been that way and dumb people never seem to get that . Less Government leads to expansion of an economy and happiness of citizens .

Most politicians suck azz IMHO , not many have a true back-bone . Jonny O is the back end of a Donkey and tries to be that cool hip politician that that thinks he is fixing something that was broke and when you try to fix something that is not broke you really can be called stupid IMHO

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I think one of major aspects of this act was to discourage the gun shows at Timonium State Fairgrounds. I am sure with the new regulations Appalachian may now just focus on Frederick and Howard County. It would not surprise me if Howard County would decide to enact a similar measure. With the growing number of liberals moving into Frederick County, it too may choose to go this route. My fear is the that the MGA may try to go down this route and make it a state law.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Kach and Marks voted for it.

Losers.

I've voted against Kach every time he has appeared on a ballot regardless of office because he's a chump and a snake.

The amendments didn't change anything of relevance - this thing is bad news.

Kach is a snake

I have all kinds of problems in my neighborhood that his office won't act one

Things like a street that was destroyed by a water main break a year ago...it's still a pile of broken asphalt with a big hole under it. Not safe to drive on I'm sure but his snarky little office runt gave me attitude when we asked that it be fixed

Illegally parked industrial trucks on my street...he called the police for us. Gee thanks, dipweed. I never would have thought of that....

Now he is a 2A hating anti business rino?

Awesome. Can't wait for primary season. Who is running against him in the primary? That guy gets my vote.

Whatever though ..I'm just about done with Baltimore County and need to move. They raised County taxes this year to pay for their horrible policies.

The Hereford Zone needs to succeed into it's own county

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom