• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    We all know that the assault on our rights will never end. Even if it were defeated in the House, it would be back in some form in 2021. I do think the 40,000+ March and relentless emails, calls and social media campaigns had some effect. We knew we weren’t going to convince them all (or even most) but we got a few of the thoughtful ones to press pause.

Today, I’m going to celebrate the victory. We don’t get to many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We all know that the assault on our rights will never end. Even if it were defeated in the House, it would be back in some form in 2021. I do think the 40,000+ March and relentless emails, calls and social media campaigns had some effect. We knew we weren’t going to convince them all (or even most) but we got a few of the thoughtful ones to press pause.

Today, I’m going to celebrate the victory. We don’t get to many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40,000+ didn't, but one did. HvyMax's testimony put the fear of them in fear of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The vertical grip prohibition section of SB281 was removed overnight. Things like this prove that these issues are more complicated than many in the MGA think. There are probaby other sections where an ADA suit may moot part or all of a particular bill.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    I would like to see you guys form a MCDL modeled after Phillip's VCDL, we see the success that organization brought about.

We have Florida Carry down here that kicks ass daily. Would definitely support

kemar

Mar 16, 2017
    Maryland
    "The VA Senate Judiciary Committee voted to table HB 961 for 1 year"
    Great job! Enjoy it while it lasts. We resume in a year.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    "The VA Senate Judiciary Committee voted to table HB 961 for 1 year"
    Great job! Enjoy it while it lasts. We resume in a year.

No, no nononononononono, nooooooooooooooooooo. We resume NOW and get more folks interested in guns (your kids, their schoolmates, your family, friends and neighbors) and get EVERYONE out to vote come November!

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    I wonder if this was "strategic" figuring there will be more democrats in the future so they can give "moderate" democrats cover and still allow them to vote against it

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder if this was "strategic" figuring there will be more democrats in the future so they can give "moderate" democrats cover and still allow them to vote against it

No, not strategic, just face-saving. Next election cycle will be very interesting.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    NRA-ILA is stating this Bill died December 4th, 2020. I’m sure there will be another coming soon. There were no anti-gun bills pre filed when I checked Friday. But I’m sure there will again be over-reaching and challenges. 2021 is going to be wild... fred55

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    NRA-ILA is stating this Bill died December 4th, 2020. I’m sure there will be another coming soon. There were no anti-gun bills pre filed when I checked Friday. But I’m sure there will again be over-reaching and challenges. 2021 is going to be wild... fred55

I just checked this evening and there were two pro gun bills filed, none from the antis. Maybe they're relying on the Feds to do their anti-2A work for them? Looks like they may have other priorities like enabling the rigging of future elections (look at Favola's bill).

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    HB2128 looks to extend the current wait time of three days to five.

SB1286 Calls for a tax rate increase on wages over 150K from 5.75 to 5.9

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just checked this evening and there were two pro gun bills filed, none from the antis. Maybe they're relying on the Feds to do their anti-2A work for them? Looks like they may have other priorities like enabling the rigging of future elections (look at Favola's bill).

I suspect their "other priorities" includes not rocking the 2A boat in an election year, after the dry screwing they gave the state last year.

Politicians count on the short memory of voters; that's why they generate so many "shiny objects" to distract them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom