• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    My wife found one yesterday walking the dogs around the farm. The irony of this is she would never care to look for them, or go the places you would think too. She found it while walking through an area we created for our wedding reception... nice little fork with a browtine (sp?) she finds me working and proudly walks up with it half excited and half laughing. Photo to follow on

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    I went out a couple weeks ago and pulled my cameras at one farm. Didn't find any sheds, did have 3 decent bucks each with 1 side holding on at the end of Feb. I pulled another camera on a another farm yesterday. Looked around for a bit and didn't find any sheds and only had 1 buck on camera since beginning of Feb. Unfortently for me after rifle season the deer are pretty much ran off and don't make their way back until spring and my luck finding sheds is about 1 n a million.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I got a 6 pointer on one of my cameras in Columbia Tuesday night.
    Last year I saw a post about using bungee cords and corn to attract them to a spot, position the bungee cords so they have to poke through their heeds through the cords to get them. If they're ready to drop the bungees grab them, if not the deer can wiggle out.
    Anyone have any experience with doing this?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Yeah turkeys and coons sometimes get the corn before the deer will stick their head in it. The boys tried it but never really had any luck but you never know what can happen.

15aa2b82ffa462fe897b166732262882--she-s-antlers.jpg

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Found a small one today (3 points), nearly found it in a tractor tire but straddled it the first time around and didn't see it until the next round. Got lucky. Then saw a large buck carrying both horns.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Antlers will be glowing after this rain. Heading out today. Hopefully my knee holds out...:o

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Antlers will be glowing after this rain. Heading out today. Hopefully my knee holds out...:o

Here's today's haul. Had a pretty decent day...

Attachments

• ant1.jpg
      ant1.jpg
      240.6 KB · Views: 214
    • ant2.jpg
      ant2.jpg
      205 KB · Views: 196
    • ant3.jpg
      ant3.jpg
      96.3 KB · Views: 199
    • ant4.jpg
      ant4.jpg
      83.6 KB · Views: 191

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I went out today in NE Nebraska. I walked into some hilly woods and bumped about 10 to 15 deer. Couldn't tell if any had antlers. When I was ready to walk out of the woods to head back to my truck I found a small tree that had been used pretty recently as a rubbing post. I think it might've been used last night or today. So I think at least one buck still has his antlers. I did see one young buck with his antlers last week along a highway. He wanted to cross the road but ran back into the woods when I passed in my truck.

I'll try to get a pic of the rubbing post as soon as I can.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The dog brought this one home. I have walked both properties and have only found a goat skull.

Attachments

• 10295369-09DD-47DE-80E2-94D812DA7D3D.jpg
      10295369-09DD-47DE-80E2-94D812DA7D3D.jpg
      141.7 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom