• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    It is extremely vital that we get State Senators and Delegates on record RIGHT NOW so that Northam knows he does not have the votes needed to ram through his ban

This will have no net effect. Witness the same technique for FAS2013.

With the left controlling the governorship, AG and both houses in VA, I would not take any odds for success that way :sad20:

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The democrat 'defectors' that scuttled it before were from the more rural areas of the state. Still brain damaged dims but not hard over SJW's looking to make a name for themselves. Those are the ones to work on

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I'll make the same suggestion to Virginia residents as I make to Maryland residents - your legislators do not read minds - let your elected representation know where you stand on issues:

• Cover their desks and chairs with mailed letters (send letters to both their Richmond and local offices)
    • Fill their office voicemail boxes (both Richmond and local)
    • Fill their office email boxes
    • Send them comments on their social media pages (especially their Campaign pages), tag them in comments on your personal social media pages
    • Talk to them when you see them in public
    Northam, like O'Malley, will use political leverage (working with the party leadership to threaten committee assignments and/or budget money going to their districts). That arm-twisting is even easier when the legiscritters don't hear from their actual constituents.

They may, and in many cases will, outwardly ignore messages. But, the onus falls on the electorate to ensure that the elected hear from them OUTSIDE of the voting booth.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    This will have no net effect. Witness the same technique for FAS2013.

With the left controlling the governorship, AG and both houses in VA, I would not take any odds for success that way :sad20:
    We did have an effect in Maryland in 2013...

While the Democrats will downplay the impact, they had to work and arm twist legislators to get what they got passed, and it was vastly different than the original form when it did.

If we give up, in any state, we deserve the government we get.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Modified move list

If this passes Virginia will no longer be on the "move to" list. I know I'm looking forward to leaving MD because of it's backward 2A policies. I'll have to go further south and west if VA goes the same way Maryland has since 2012.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If this passes Virginia will no longer be on the "move to" list. I know I'm looking forward to leaving MD because of it's backward 2A policies. I'll have to go further south and west if VA goes the same way Maryland has since 2012.

Welcome LR

You are going to have a long uphill battle with that screen name.

Hope your sense of humor is intact and that your skin is at least a little thick.

Enjoy your stay

Back to the thread at hand.

I wonder if he goes faster than the speed limit in the passing/fast lane on a highway....

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    You have to educate the masses as to the racist roots of gun control.

This. That's the best possible angle at the moment, I would say. I've been pulling my hair our since it came out that Northam was in blackface/the klan suit, and the NRA was silent. The Governor's a racist, the Lt. Gov was accused of rape, and the AG also admitted to blackface, and none of the 2A groups started banging the drum, demanding they step down over this. Total missed opportunity, but if they try it again, we need to mobilize new gun owners, attack the presence of security forces these scumbags afford themselves while telling us no cops, and we need to point out that gun control is racist and the racist governor is doing it again. Use their tactics; the left always turns on and eats their own: Time serve up Governor Blackface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom