• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhartmac1

Jun 3, 2018
    VA-Front Royal
    I have a M1A receiver that I purchased and shipped to me at my FFL, picked up the receiver after the NICS, I sent that receiver out to be assembled into a rifle (builder), can't that ship directly back to me since I have already cleared the NICS for the receiver? No difference correct? Or why would I have to have it shipped back to the same FFL that processed my original receiver purchase?

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have a M1A receiver that I purchased and shipped to me at my FFL, picked up the receiver after the NICS, I sent that receiver out to be assembled into a rifle (builder), can't that ship directly back to me since I have already cleared the NICS for the receiver? No difference correct? Or why would I have to have it shipped back to the same FFL that processed my original receiver purchase?

I’m still new to all of this but I would assume it could be sent right back to you because you already own it. I would treat it the same as sending it to a gunsmith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Almost thought this was a trick question , until I saw the OP was located in Virginia .

The basic answers are :

The Reciever IS the firearm .
    Thereby you shipped your firearm to Gunsmith for " repair, modification, e t c " .
    Therefore generally able for said Gunsmith to ship back to original client directly , as appropriate for firearms of that flavor . ( State Laws may vary .)

But trumping that can be the policies of the " Builder" . If they state to the effect of all shipments go through an FFL , their game, their rules . Perhaps their main activity is building rifles from scratch . and they standardize their procedures that way .

OP do not respond , but as a general observation . bare recievers must be shipped by same protocols as firearms , not just in plain box at post office .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom