• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Remington 725 VTR came with a center point 3-9x32 scope but I upgraded to CP 4-16X40 IR. No matter what I do, it still shoots left of target has no more windage adjustment - it's adjusted max left. What is the problem? I've hit several bullseyes but it's very inconsistent and requires a lot of Kentucky windage and elevation!!!

Last edited:

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Match rings or non? Torque setting on ring screws?

Non match. They're just what came with the new scope. I mounted & aligned it, tightened it up the best I could. It did it with the included scope too. The best I can figure is the rail. It shouldn't happen with both scopes!!! And it is an air rifle...not firearm. AND the target is only 35 yards

Last edited:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Could be the rail, the rings, or the rifle. I had a ruger precision rifle that was like that from the factory. I could get it zero’d but it was so far left it was affecting how far it could dial up. They ended up replacing everything but the receiver. Do you have another ring, scope combo.

I’m not smart enough to check the rail itself but is the receiver round or flat. If round, screw in one side of the rail and tap on the other. If it tap, one of them is out of spec. If not, try the other end. Most of them move a little. I bed them always but if it that far out, it will be a decent amount of movement.

The rings could be the case depending on how they are designed. Alignment bars could tell you if they are inline with each other.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I had a gamo rifle that the first shot hit my hose about 1000 MOA low ten feet in front of the target. The scope was junk and the rifle barrel was apparently bent. After talking to their customer service who talked to me like a 12 year old kid that never touched a gun I finally convinced him I wasn't at fault and got a shipping label. The new one they sent was perfect.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Never had any luck with center point scopes. That’s where I’d look first. Got a known good scope to try?

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Never had any luck with center point scopes. That’s where I’d look first. Got a known good scope to try?

I'm going to try a different scope/rings from another rifle & see if that gets me anywhere. Then I'll check square of the rail w/the barrel/reciever if the scope doesn't do the trick. And if neither works I'll call pyramydair and tell them I want another one to replace it. But got another mounted & laser bore sighted tonight. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

First pics is with Polymags, 2nd is the target @ 45 yards & 3rd is with JSB Kings

Last edited:

JRisBundyboyz

Nov 23, 2007
    Bel Air
    how does the gun group at 50-75 feet?

Cause those shots are all over

Attachments

• 77310D87-DA1A-4540-9EE6-D0143C4ACBB1.jpg
      77310D87-DA1A-4540-9EE6-D0143C4ACBB1.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 283

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    Howdy, piston guns are rough on scopes. I used the Bullseye ZR mount on my piston and spring guns with good results. It is expensive but worth it because you can put any scope on them without blowing the scope apart. I used both 1" and 30mm and the ring system was great. Torque according to sequence and all will work smoothly. I too am not a fan of Centerpoints; I have one that turns a clear day into a foggy night...

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    I've had pretty good luck with this other one I put on. Not a big or welll known name I don't think, (Tasco), but it gets me on target. The center point was adjusted full left and still shot to the left of target. Won't buy another one for sure!!!

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I have had trouble with CP scopes too. One drove me crazy, finally threw it away. Tasco used to be a big name in inexpensive scopes, kind of like Weaver. I don't know what Tasco quality is now. I usually buy Leupold, Nikon, or Hawke now. Good scope can make a difference.
    V

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    I'm happy with this one. Does everything the way it's supposed to. But this rifle is brutal on them. Seems like no matter how much I torque the screws it keeps sliding back. But that CP was just a total PoC!!!

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Howdy, piston guns are rough on scopes. I used the Bullseye ZR mount on my piston and spring guns with good results. It is expensive but worth it because you can put any scope on them without blowing the scope apart. I used both 1" and 30mm and the ring system was great. Torque according to sequence and all will work smoothly. I too am not a fan of Centerpoints; I have one that turns a clear day into a foggy night...

"Bullseye ZR mount" I just ordered one. have not decided on a scope yet. Still looking.

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    Follow the torque sequence on the mount or it will bind. Once torqued correctly it will move freely like a shock absorber. Once I found the mount, my piston guns received good scopes with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom