• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    I used to be really in to firearms. I cast my own bullets and bought gun powder in 10 pound barrels. All my buddies had a few dozen guns each so I got to shoot everything known to man. I spent all my free time at the range.

Then I got out of the military and went to school and the hobby got too cumbersome. To shoot the things I have to drive to the middle of nowhere or an indoor shooting range that feels like the inside of a car muffler. Ammo costs a fortune. All the guns sat in the closet for a decade.

So, this year I decided to sell off the pile of firearms and put the money in to airguns that I can actually shoot. My new house has a 40 yard shot and the neighbors are far enough away to not be a concern. I bought a 4500psi compressor and tanks and some nice co2 replicas that I converted to HPA. I'm on the pre-order list for one of the new sidelever Hatsan Flashpups.

20200824_213555-X5.jpg

20200824_212736-X4.jpg

Last edited:

bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    Yesterday some friends came over to ride down to the range at Myrtle Grove. I wanted to shoot off some ammo for some firearms I'm planning to sell and they brought along their handguns. They all laughed at me when I told them I had $2k in air guns and was selling off my collection of Winchesters to pay for it.

We spent an hour and a half on the road to get to Myrtle Grove. It was packed! We waited in line for an hour and a half at the range and it seemed like it would be another hour before we could get a table. We were starving and gave up to go check out the BBQ place we passed on the way in.

So after spending almost 5 hours on the road and waiting in line, we came back to my place without firing a single shot and happily murdered tin cans in the yard with the air guns.

HAHA! Those $1000 pistols you can't even shoot seem a lot sillier than my full-auto AR BB gun now don't they!?

bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    Speaking of cans, that reminds me of another benefit of air guns.

They generally frown on you bringing beer to a shooting range. By contrast, consumption of large amounts of beer is a necessary component of air gun target creation :D

I swung by the 'air gun target store' on the way home and a good time was had by all.

20200831_124421-X4.jpg

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    I have a 1911 airsoft which I run on CO2 cartridges and propane...Do you treat the HPA like propane...in that you have to add a drop of oil to keep the internals lubed? I just picked up a PCP rifle and a compressor...filling an external tank if I make the conversion wouldn't be much of an issue now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom