• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The AGC saw dollar signs based upon the number of guests coming, it’s that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't answer the question. Who is benefiting from this "cash grab"?

AGC is not a for profit business.

The AGC is not a government which can tax different individuals at a different rate from others. Everyone, including the president and trustees will also pay for guests.

The president and the trustees work for free. They actually donate time, which is the opposite of selfish. Most members are too lazy to even attend their club meeting where these voting decisions are made.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If person A comes to the range and shoots one box of ammo, then person B (guest) shoots a box of ammo, That is double the wear on the facilities. It ain't rocket science.

How many others have brought a piece of heavy equipment to the range and reworked the impact berms for free? I have.

Double the wear on the facilities? No, it’s not. I shoot far less when I bring a guest. I would probably shoot the same amount of total rounds by myself if they weren’t there. No extra wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If person A comes to the range and shoots one box of ammo, then person B (guest) shoots a box of ammo, That is double the wear on the facilities. It ain't rocket science.

How many others have brought a piece of heavy equipment to the range and reworked the impact berms for free? I have.

You're basing your argument on the "what if" game? Okay...

What if that member was only going to shoot two boxes?

What if I was going to shoot that same day but got tied up and wasn't able to make it?

For every guest shooting that "what if?" extra box of ammo I can point to a few hundred members that could have been shooting that day who didn't make it out to the range.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

What if I was going to shoot that same day but got tied up and wasn't able to make it?

For every guest shooting that "what if?" extra box of ammo I can point to a few hundred members that could have been shooting that day who didn't make it out to the range.

You asked for an example and I gave you one. I'm not into childish arguments. Have a nice day.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

If members don't show up, they would not have showed up if the quests were not there.

So still more wear and tear on the facilities.

Yes, SOME members shoot less with guests. But not all of them.

And introducing people to shooting and the range is a good thing.

Thus, my suggestion that all guests register, and that after X visits, start paying a fee. X could be 1, 2, 5 or whatever.

But this would reduce those who use the range a lot without being members.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Lotta words, no figures.

How much does it cost to operate the place?
    How much revenue is obtained to do so?
    What is done with surplus funds, if any?
    What is the actual value of volunteered time & equipment?

Sounds like a thorough accounting would be useful in this discussion. I assume that an outside accountant has audited the books?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When the president puts up a post spiking the ball after a game opening drive for a field goal...

Attachments

• Ask1.jpg
      Ask1.jpg
      53.7 KB · Views: 220

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't follow up with a question (even though the thread is all about asking the president questions) for the man behind the green curtain or the childish moderator of that sub forum will bounce you toot sweet.

Attachments

• Ask2.jpg
      Ask2.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 252
    When the president puts up a post spiking the ball after a game opening drive for a field goal...

I had a paid guest on Friday. Whether I buy a 2020 range badge is still questionable.
    I am no longer a member of BRC and let the club president and trustee know why. What is the point in belonging to a charter club when they vote without member input and then dodge a direct question about how they voted. My MSI membership can get me a range badge, why give BRC money too?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've got to wonder what the risk the guests pose that the president references in his post?

It's my understanding that there has never been an accidental shooting of a member or guest in the history of the AGC. IMO the truth slipped out with point #2.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What about applying the "guest" money toward a range badge. After 20 "guest" visits, you're free to get a badge and use your own lane?

That should take care of the two or three "abusers." Once they get a badge, you can go back to treating "guests" as guests.

When I have "guests" visit my house, I always charge them for beverages, snacks and toilet paper, and a small contribution toward utilities, so I sympathise with your issue.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It would be awesome :bowdown: if someone could attend the next trustee meeting and take careful notes of which clubs proposed or endorsed any of the ammendments that some of us "crybabies" have asked for. Even if it is just virtue signalling, I bet those clubs might see an uptick in membership in the next year or so.:innocent0

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What about applying the "guest" money toward a range badge. After 20 "guest" visits, you're free to get a badge and use your own lane?

That should take care of the two or three "abusers." Once they get a badge, you can go back to treating "guests" as guests.

When I have "guests" visit my house, I always charge them for beverages, snacks and toilet paper, and a small contribution toward utilities, so I sympathise with your issue.

:lol2::lol:

giphy.gif

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've got to wonder what the risk the guests pose that the president references in his post?

It's my understanding that there has never been an accidental shooting of a member or guest in the history of the AGC. IMO the truth slipped out with point #2.

Yep not to mention there is a way to deal with guests who break the rules, hold the badge holder responsible.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I do know of one (member), back in the '60s.

There was one incident in the 80s or early 90s.

Guy tried to chamber the wrong cartridge. When the bolt would not close, he grabbed a nearby piece of wood to hammer the bolt close. Yes, really.

Others came to help. figure out wrong cartridge. Hammering open the bolt, ripped the rim off the case.

So they stuck a cleaning rod down the barrel, and started to hammer on it. In doing so, they were very careful to keep the muzzle pointed downrange, not realizing, that the muzzle was no longer the dangerous end.

The proceeded to detonate the cartridge, which, with no bolt, vented the pressure and piece of casing out the breech end, peppering the owner, who was hold the rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom