• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I'm interested. I'm so far down on th list I should get a time sometime next year. That's OK. Keepme on the list. And a hearty thanks for your willingness to do this.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I've posted the taken/free times and will adjust them as things change. This is going to be a first come first serve kinda thing. Mornings are best, afternoons are fine too but i cant escourt you to the range. It's not hard and there's a map! https://benspelledabc.me/farminvite/ Pick a date, AM or PM. If everything is taken, pick a secondary date am/pm. Send this to me via MDShooters forums. I'll just start filling them in, in the order they are received. You dont have to but, it's also great if you want to include your cell/email and name in the PM sent to me so i know who's who. I wont share the info w/ anyone.

If the times i have you slotted for doesn't work, let me know ASAP so i can update it and let others have a shot at it.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I would love to be on your list as well even as a backup. I generally shoot in the westminster area and have been trying to stretch out my rifles again.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Do you have my PMs from last year?

Some of the PMs yes, but not all. Sadly. I've fixed that problem on my end though by editing my website ( https://benspelledabc.me ). We are limited to 300 PMs (sent and received). Most PMs take 4-5 back and forth and info gets scattered about.

Even still, most of the messages even now are just expressing interest.. not a date time (am/pm).

I'm trying to accommodate as many as i can w/o violating my 1 new to me shooter at a time rule. This is done by AM/PM guests.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Wow! What a tremendous opportunity for so many shooters. As a "new to you", I would definitely like to get on any list you can. My new Sako .338 is itching to try something long.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    In a month I’ll be resuming “long range” shooting. It’s not really long range, but it’s more than most have the option to shoot.

Starting (Feb 1st) I’ll post an invite to come out to the farm. We’ll shoot gongs and dueling tree from 10-500 yards. Paper closer if you want to practice conceal carry draw.

I only take one “new to me” shooter a week. That’s you, not you and your 5 buddies....

I made this post last year then crashed my motorcycle and never got around to it. The people from last year get first call.

No charge, this is just to help encourage longer shooting. Share what I can and to give back to the community.

Children 9-17 get priority obviously with a parent/guardian.

I’ll post more info soon but I’ll be taking someone up, every other weekend. If you can only do 1/2 day, I might take two up (am/pm).

General location is Westminster near the Carroll County Regional Airport

----- EDIT -----
    I've posted the taken/free times and will adjust them as things change. This is going to be a first come first serve kinda thing. Mornings are best, afternoons are fine too but i cant escourt you to the range. It's not hard and there's a map! https://benspelledabc.me/farminvite/ Pick a date, AM or PM. If everything is taken, pick a secondary date am/pm. Send this to me via MDShooters forums. I'll just start filling them in, in the order they are received. You dont have to but, it's also great if you want to include your cell/email and name in the PM sent to me so i know who's who. I wont share the info w/ anyone its just so we dont have to load the forums while receiption might be spotty at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, making auto-cucumbers daily!

You, sir. Are a fine human being....
    Excellent community service.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    You, sir. Are a fine human being....
    Excellent community service.

I echo that. Will be booking with you in the summer when available, later on.

During summer dusk when the temp drops, you may get to service a groundhog yourself (or more) with the .50 I have lots of ammo if you miss on first try :D

Hoss

Sep 4, 2013
    march 28 a.m.

was wondering if this a.m spot is still available, will take p.m. if it is not, either would work. Thanks for the opportunity to try log range shooting.

mat

Mar 21, 2016
    Hi, there. I am interested in meeting you and filling up the April 11th PM spot.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    was wondering if this a.m spot is still available, will take p.m. if it is not, either would work. Thanks for the opportunity to try log range shooting.

I've started filling in the schedule based off PMs sent to me. Its easier for me to stay on top of that way.

I dont have many SECONDARY spots filled. They are there in case someone cancels at the last minute. Things come up, i'm planning it happening a couple times.

Check out the current slots that are available. https://benspelledabc.me/farminvite/

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I echo that. Will be booking with you in the summer when available, later on.

During summer dusk when the temp drops, you may get to service a groundhog yourself (or more) with the .50 I have lots of ammo if you miss on first try :D

haha I got a "waterskin full of organs" one year when i used a 308 w/ a 110gr vmax at 10 yards. No exit hole.. #jelloInside

As we get later in the year (june/july) the crops get too tall to shoot beyond a couple hundred yards. That's why the schedule is so busy right after deer hunting season.

If you are close to westminster, perhaps schedule as secondary for now on a date?

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Most invites are marked as confirmed. There are atoll some spots left. I’ll start publishing the secondary openings over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirex