• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frickn Yahoo

May 19, 2018
    Hi everyone, I purchase most of my ammo in bulk acouple times a year from Bulkammo.com. Placed a order last night, and received a email from them saying Maryland requires ID proof before the order can be sent out. This is the first i had to do this online. Something new get passed, or is bulk ammo trying to do some ass covering? Thanks!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Nothing I've heard of or encountered that explicitly requires an ID to be submitted. There is an age restriction to purchase ammo in MD, but usually they just ask for your birthdate or for you to affirm that you are over age.

I just made two ammo purchases from two different companies and all I had to do was check the box affirming I was legal.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    There is no law requiring ID for bulk or any other ammo purchase. I've had the same requested when I buy 1000 rds of ammo or more. I have my Md license stored in my computer so it's a couple clicks and it's done. I have noticed that places I have bought firearms from don't make the request, I guess because They have my Ffl dealer on file too.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm guessing they really wanted to make sure you didn't live in Montgomery county where its illegal to ship ammo to.

^this. Also, the city of Annapolis, I think. Go to Palmetto State Armory and read their shipping disclaimers/restrictions. They won’t ship to either locale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Hi everyone, I purchase most of my ammo in bulk acouple times a year from Bulkammo.com. Placed a order last night, and received a email from them saying Maryland requires ID proof before the order can be sent out. This is the first i had to do this online. Something new get passed, or is bulk ammo trying to do some ass covering? Thanks!

Horse $hit. Ping Jon.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I like SGAmmo or TargetSports for online ammo purchases. Nothing weird to deal with.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    Keep calm and buy ammo. I’m here ;)

What’s your site or where are you located ? I’m about due for a bulk purchase of ammo soon. My go to has been TargetSportsUSA in the past, but that’s when i was living in the South.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    What’s your site or where are you located ? I’m about due for a bulk purchase of ammo soon. My go to has been TargetSportsUSA in the past, but that’s when i was living in the South.

Pm sent

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm guessing they really wanted to make sure you didn't live in Montgomery county where its illegal to ship ammo to.

That's simply not the case. The issue has been gone for many years. Some dealers may be confused about that, but that's a Stupid Dealers issue, not a legal one.

If I can cross paths with Ammo Jon without burning $20 worth of gas, I'll gladly reward him with the business. We've managed to make that work a couple times! If I need to have it shipped in to MoCo, places like Lucky Gunner and Midway will very happily deliver it right to my doorstep here in the heart of darkness.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    +4 for Jon.

For all the reasons given, PLUS when you buy from Jon, your purchase doesn't show up on the credit card ....

Can't tell you how many times I have heard "Why do you need more / don't you have enough ammo????"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom