• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Can't tell you how many times I have heard "Why do you need more / don't you have enough ammo????"

I don't understand that question.

now-thats-just-overkill-l-mean-really-who-needs-two-21804931.png

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm guessing they really wanted to make sure you didn't live in Montgomery county where its illegal to ship ammo to.

For Gawd's sake don't spread this around. It's not true. I've been getting multiple cases shipped to MoCo for years.

Palmetto even used to ship here, then suddenly they stopped, because of some BS law that was taken off the books decades ago. I sent them multiple references explaining the fact, even had the NRA-ILA write them, but they chose to abide by their lawyers, rather than our actual laws.

No money for YOU, PSA!

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    For Gawd's sake don't spread this around. It's not true. I've been getting multiple cases shipped to MoCo for years.

Palmetto even used to ship here, then suddenly they stopped, because of some BS law that was taken off the books decades ago. I sent them multiple references explaining the fact, even had the NRA-ILA write them, but they chose to abide by their lawyers, rather than our actual laws.

No money for YOU, PSA!
    SMH

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nothing I've heard of or encountered that explicitly requires an ID to be submitted. There is an age restriction to purchase ammo in MD, but usually they just ask for your birthdate or for you to affirm that you are over age.

I just made two ammo purchases from two different companies and all I had to do was check the box affirming I was legal.

I ran in to one place that wants ID before shipping. But I think it’s as much CYA as they sell AP, API and tracer. All of which have some state bans. Now I guess they could just work off the shipping address. Don’t know. Anyway, only bought stuff from them once.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    ^this. Also, the city of Annapolis, I think. Go to Palmetto State Armory and read their shipping disclaimers/restrictions. They won’t ship to either locale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact.

f2ca30ff10e82b2b87d779576c689af2.jpg

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Fact.

f2ca30ff10e82b2b87d779576c689af2.jpg

Yup. Now, I don’t know if the laws of those places actually prohibit on line sales, formerly prohibited on line sales, or what. Could be, as someone said, a mistake (or old knowledge) by the seller. But even if they are using bad info, that still could be why a company asks for ID before shipping.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Don’t chalk up to subterfuge and infringement what might very easily be administrivia and legal hyper sensitivity.

No matter the reasoning (if that's the word I want), the result is the same infringement.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I don’t disagree per se. I didn’t say I agreed with it but my solution would be to patronize someone who doesn’t infringe. Easy.

My guess is they probably didn’t intend it the way it’s perceived. That’s the great thing about capitalism...choices.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Dick's in Ellicott City requires a Drivers License to sell you a single box of ammo.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I bought from Ammo To Go for a long time until last year they told me that Maryland required that they have a copy of my DL/ID. I told them I don't send that to anyone I don't know and who isn't a government agency. I moved to Target USA and Buds. No problem with them. Before that, I tried a couple of others (forget which now) and when I tried to complete the order I got a popup saying that they couldn't ship to my ZIP because Takoma Park. is a special tax zone It's CYA BS as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom