• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So IDing for ammo AND tracking your purchases? Unless this is all fabrication, I'd give this place a hard pass.

Like I said, never been asked for ID there, and one of the best gunsmith shops in the state (but that's a different discussion)

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I've bought ammo from several online companies, all I needed to do was check the box verified my age. No license or any form of I'd needed. Sounds like CYA.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Thinking back to recent visits there . ( Admittedly I was "there" more frequently when it was in the Cave than the new store .

I purchased most recently some Not gun , Not ammo items , and they did offer to sign me up for the "member program " , but it was offered as a choice . My impression is that it was mostly a marketing/ advertising thing .

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    So IDing for ammo AND tracking your purchases? Unless this is all fabrication, I'd give this place a hard pass.

From his lips to my ears....that's what he told me. I never bought any ammo there (just gunsmithing) so I never got carded. But I saw a few people in a row get carded while I was waiting for them to assemble my rifle, so I asked the question.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I bought ammo in Va. didn't have to show ID. Buy ammo in MD. need to see ID to verify age. Im 68, guess I don't look 21 yet.

I've never had to show ID to buy ammo in MD, in VA, or Online.

Sounds like there is a lot of discrepancy on the Hafers Policy.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Just got an email from Wild Horse Ammo asking for an ID. I said no thanks, please cancel the order. I've ordered from AE Ammo, Freedom Munitions, and SG ammo in the last 6 months without having to send an ID.

Also, just noticed the order is from 2/2 and they already charged me instead of having it pending until it actually ships like most places seem to do. Not happy about that either.

Nevermind, apparently that part is not correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom