• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    This what I will be sending to the members of the committee. If anyone wants to make changes, feel free.

Good day,

It has come to my attention, and many others, that an invitation has been extended to the Judicial Proceedings Committee for cocktails and dinner. This invitation was extended by the Bellamy Genn Group, on behalf of their client; Everytown for Gun Safety.

Given the number of anti gun bills being filed this session and knowing that Everytown for Gun Safety has had a hand in writing these bills and is funded by Mike Bloomberg, I do not see how this can in any way, be ethical.

I would be very concerned, if I was on the committee, of the perceptions associated with accepting any invitation from a group funded by someone who’s recent racist comments have come to light, regarding the “stop and frisk” law in New York.

It is my hope that members of the committee will not accept this invitation to a restaurant, that many of your hard working constituents cannot afford, for the sole purpose of trying to sway your votes.

Instead of attending this dinner, I would hope that you would all individually file a report with the ethics committee against this lobbying firm. That is what you should be doing as true representatives of the people of Maryland.

Do you want to be associated with out of state money from a racist, who is trying to influence Maryland law?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    This what I will be sending to the members of the committee. If anyone wants to make changes, feel free.

Good day,

It has come to my attention, and many others, that an invitation has been extended to the Judicial Proceedings Committee for cocktails and dinner. This invitation was extended by the Bellamy Genn Group, on behalf of their client; Everytown for Gun Safety.

Given the number of anti gun bills being filed this session and knowing that Everytown for Gun Safety has had a hand in writing these bills and is funded by Mike Bloomberg, I do not see how this can in any way, be ethical.

I would be very concerned, if I was on the committee, of the perceptions associated with accepting any invitation from a group funded by someone who’s recent racist comments have come to light, regarding the “stop and frisk” law in New York.

It is my hope that members of the committee will not accept this invitation to a restaurant, that many of your hard working constituents cannot afford, for the sole purpose of trying to sway your votes.

Instead of attending this dinner, I would hope that you would all individually file a report with the ethics committee against this lobbying firm. That is what you should be doing as true representatives of the people of Maryland.

Do you want to be associated with out of state money from a racist, who is trying to influence Maryland law?

Perfect, their attendance and allowing themselves to be nourished with money provided by an avowed racist makes them complicit in his words and actions. I know if I was a politician I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Perfect, their attendance and allowing themselves to be nourished with money provided by an avowed racist makes them complicit in his words and actions. I know if I was a politician I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I feel that pushing the racist angle is very important. Perception is reality.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I feel that pushing the racist angle is very important. Perception is reality.

Reality is reality.

Plus the Achilles heel of the SJW is cognitive dissonance.

How can “I” support MDA when the money behind their gun control agenda comes from an avowed racist and misogynist?!

How can “I” support gun control when the roots of gun control was to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves??!

How can “I” support gun control when it keeps guns out of the hands of abused women who are just trying to protect themselves and their children from an abusive spouse??!

How can “I” support gun control when it keeps guns out of the hands of LBGQT who just want to be able to protect themselves against those that wish to harm them?!?

#mindblown

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Reality is reality.

Plus the Achilles heel of the SJW is cognitive dissonance. How can “I” support MDA when the money behind their gun control agenda comes from an avowed racist and misogynist?!

How can “I” support gun control when the roots of gun control was to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves??! How can “I” support gun control when it keeps guns out of the hands of abused women who are just trying to protect themselves and their children from an abusive spouse??! How can “I” support gun control when it keeps guns out of the hands of LBGQT who just want to be able to protect themselves against those that wish to harm them?!? #mindblown

I mean...yeah...it should work that way. It isn't going to GAIN them votes

But Governor Blackface down south wore either blackface or a klan hood (he can't seem to recall which) and he is still powering through because the media stopped branding him a racist

That will happen here too. The media will ignore the Bloomberg racism for as long as they can. But if the minority communities start reacting to it the media won't be able to ignore it and the media will make Bloomberg a sacrificial lamb. Remember the media is corrupt too and they want Bloomberg's money for their politics. So they will protect him as long as they can

This has to be made into a huge stink fast and loud or the window to do it will close.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    They MAY be listening. I got a reply:

Dear Mr.....
    Sen. Hough will not be attending and will not be voting for any gun control bills.

Sincerely,

Steven A. Clark
    Chief of Staff
    Senator Michael Hough, District 4
    Frederick & Carroll Counties
    Annapolis Office: 410-841-3704
    Michael.Hough@senate.state.md.us

I wouldn’t put any stock in that. Hough is a friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I wonder if Grand Wizard Bloomberg will be there? Making it rain while the politicians and MDA grind away on him for those Bloomberg Bucks.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The legislative aide for Sen. Klausmeier (who sits on the JCLE) says the following:

Thanks for your email. The answer to your question is no. Events like this are okay for legislators to attend, as long as the host invites a legislative unit, which means the entire General Assembly, an entire chamber, a standing committee, or a county or regional delegation that is on a list issued by a Presiding Officer. Lobbyists are NOT allowed to take small groups/individual legislators out to dinner.

You can refer to the MD Ethics Guide for more information on this. The answer to your question is on Page 9 of the book, which is Page 14 on the PDF: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/Pubs/LegisLegal/2020rs-ethics-guide.pdf

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Puke.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It would take some brass balls to go forward with this now.

However, this is Annapolis, and this is Gil Glenn, so anything goes.

Regardless, we are going to have SOME FUN with it:

;)

Thought that was Rambo III at first glance.

Ramob-3.jpg

EL7OjxtXYAA_fTx.jpg

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Did you respond to that little pissant and tell him you don't care if the lawmakers have declared that this is legal

It is still highly unethical and will be treated as such in the minds of voters

Calling names and being nasty towards legislators and staff doesn't do us any favors. Be more civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom