VA closes schools for the rest of the year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm sitting over here with a beer in my hand and laughing my ass off at the teachers who are crying the blues that they have material in hand and are ready for online instruction but are being directed to not assign it or provide any instruction because not every kid has online access.

You fvckers created this equity monster. Choke on it.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I'm sitting over here with a beer in my hand and laughing my ass off at the teachers who are crying the blues that they have material in hand and are ready for online instruction but are being directed to not assign it or provide any instruction because not every kid has online access.

No child left behind, right?

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    No state mandate to close daycares yet, guess they just wanted to bleed us out of tuition for a little while longer...not quite sure why there's a difference in a class full of 1 year olds and a class full of 5 year olds, but what do I know.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No child left behind, right?

Little to do with NCLB and much more to do with the enculturation of the schools, families and politicians that equity is the whole grail through which every decision must be filtered.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Here's why even the most inventive of plans and dedicated teachers aren't going to work here - every single time plans are put out there about the system's plans and ability to deliver quality instruction to the majority of students, they get torn apart by those that bring up the "what about the kids that don't have internet?", "what about kids with IEPs?", "what about kids in non-traditional placements?"

We're going to deny instruction to 95% of kids because of the "needs" of 5%, Totally silly.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For instance - and this is from a teacher.

They are so fvcking ingrained with their SJW ideology, they can't make the logical distinction that it just might be better to address the majority of the kids and then figure out the rest later.

This is no different than those that are so concerned about the mere appearance of racism than to acknowledge that this whole thing started in China.

This shit is a disease that is far more dangerous than is the bug itself.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.31.22 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.31.22 PM.png
      17.2 KB · Views: 156

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

:thumbsup:

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Here's why even the most inventive of plans and dedicated teachers aren't going to work here - every single time plans are put out there about the system's plans and ability to deliver quality instruction to the majority of students, they get torn apart by those that bring up the "what about the kids that don't have internet?", "what about kids with IEPs?", "what about kids in non-traditional placements?"

We're going to deny instruction to 95% of kids because of the "needs" of 5%, Totally silly.

I dealt with this boule sheet back when *I* was in middle- and high-school ... back before IEPs and safe spaces. There were kids who were on the "up and out" track, simply because it was too much of a bureaucratic headache to hold them back a year - something they desperately needed. Administrators were just beginning to be sued into oblivion by two-income parents who insisted that The State properly raise their dysfunctional child to their satisfaction.

I have long held that, unfortunately, there are a few children who need to be left behind. I'm not saying "abandoned," but certainly not mainstreamed under the guise of not damaging their fragile self-images. The current policy / ideology of "uniform equity" (or whatever popular pickup-truck-franchise slogan is going around these days) is ultimately destructive to society.

We would be far better off with a "those who fall behind get left behind" construct. Provide the opportunity with realistic expectations and students can achieve or not. Oh, and get rid of the strict-but-convenient age-based placement in classes. (That last part would work much better in a tele-learning environment.)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

This! This is the sh*t that is pissing me off. :mad54:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    My daughter is a high school senior. This sucks for her. She should be getting ready for graduation, instead she's wondering when she's going to graduate.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm sorry for your daughter Plinkerton. One of my co-workers has a high school senior daughter. This is a really tough break for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom