• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I also lusted after a .375 H&H. Having shot (once obviously) a Weatherby .460 Magnum when I was a teenager and weighed less than 145# and survived I always wanted a decent bolt gun in .375 H&H. A year to two ago I was perusing the estate auctions in the paper over here in WV when I spotted one coming up. An Interarms Whitworth Express in .375 H&H. I snatched it up for the princely sum of less that $350 including the buyer's premium. I felt so good I also acquired a Browning Gold Hunter Stalker model in 12g 3.5" Magnum for less than $200.
    Right now my lusted after gun is a full auto MP5, which I will probably never get. But there is always hope.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have too many to list. A list from the past three years. A Ruger GP100 in 10mm and a S&W 610. Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm. SA TRP Operator in 10mm. I wanted a Taran Tactical M2, but "settled" for a Benelli Custom Shop 3-gun Edition M2. And finally, an STI DVC 3-gun.

At some point, I want to get a bolt gun in either 404 or 416. But that's much further down the road.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Smith & Wesson Governor

Checked this off my list just before the 2013 FSA. Love that gun...410 slugs from a revolver-too much fun. And the 000buck shells too. The trigger on mine breaks like glass. Made me want a lever action 410 and a 410 AR upper, haven't gotten those yet.

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    Checked this off my list just before the 2013 FSA. Love that gun...410 slugs from a revolver-too much fun. And the 000buck shells too. The trigger on mine breaks like glass. Made me want a lever action 410 and a 410 AR upper, haven't gotten those yet.

Yeah, they should sell Henry lever action .410 alongside the Governor! I'd love a Henry, too.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Garrow 17HMR. When I found out it could do 1/2 inch groups at 250 yards and ring a 6 inch gong at 450 I had to see for myself...Yes it will...

... and they've been out of stock ever since you bought the last one! I checked their site for many months. Then it went dead. It's back again, but still out of stock. Lucky you! I want one too.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    29-2. Finally got one Saturday. It was on consignment.Left the store and made it a mile down the road and had to go back and get it. Allways wanted one.

Attachments

• 20200418_120540.jpg
      20200418_120540.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 530

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Just in case it hasn’t been mentioned up thread, the one I have to have is the next one. Right now it looks like that will be my first 1911 in 9mm.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I have to have a Coonan 357 auto pistol. Any serious gun person knows what these are. For those that don't it is a 357 magnum 1911 style, all stainless steel pistol. The fire rings (think smoke rings only its muzzle blast) are awesome. My go to BBQ gun...if I owned one.

Standard and newer compensated models.

Attachments

• Coonan 357 Adjustable Sights 1.jpg
      Coonan 357 Adjustable Sights 1.jpg
      46.1 KB · Views: 495
    • coonan_stainless_compensated_1751_unretouched-1.jpg
      coonan_stainless_compensated_1751_unretouched-1.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 499

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    From when I was a kid, flipping though the Brownell's catalog my dad would get in the mail, I knew I'd eventually own a AR-15, SKS, AK-47, and a 1911. I still have at least one on the list to get, before I can say my core collection is complete and I can focus on other things outside of the core.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    gT8BID9.jpg

I know this is kind of a weird one to have as a 'grail gun' but, I've been wanting a Walther P5 since 1979. Call it nostalgia. It was the first 9mm handgun I ever shot that impressed me with its accuracy.

Shoulda got one thru the Rod & Gun Club while I was still on active duty because by the time I ETS'd and saw what my civilian-price was, I had to put it on the back burner.

It finally made it to the front burner (41 years later) when Matt at United Gun Shop posted his for sale in the Consignment Guns thread.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I also lusted after a .375 H&H. Having shot (once obviously) a Weatherby .460 Magnum when I was a teenager and weighed less than 145# and survived I always wanted a decent bolt gun in .375 H&H. A year to two ago I was perusing the estate auctions in the paper over here in WV when I spotted one coming up. An Interarms Whitworth Express in .375 H&H. I snatched it up for the princely sum of less that $350 including the buyer's premium. I felt so good I also acquired a Browning Gold Hunter Stalker model in 12g 3.5" Magnum for less than $200.
    Right now my lusted after gun is a full auto MP5, which I will probably never get. But there is always hope.

I use to own a Whitworth in that caliber. The flip up sights and decent piece of walnut screamed vintage Brit. It is an awesome firearm and one of the few I regret selling. You got a heck of a deal.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I now have a new must have firearm. The USAF GAU-5A emergency weapon platform. Basically a takedown M4 AR with 14" barrel and brace. Because it uses a regular AR barrel so you can build it the way you want after you own it. As long as you don't mind spending $1400 for it. I think with an MVB type SMG short buffer tube stock and a pinned 14.5" barrel it would be a heck of a survival weapon even for civvies. It even comes with a foldable grip from Fab Defence.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I now have a new must have firearm. The USAF GAU-5A emergency weapon platform. Basically a takedown M4 AR with 14" barrel and brace. Because it uses a regular AR barrel so you can build it the way you want after you own it. As long as you don't mind spending $1400 for it. I think with an MVB type SMG short buffer tube stock and a pinned 14.5" barrel it would be a heck of a survival weapon even for civvies. It even comes with a foldable grip from Fab Defence.

So wouldn't this be a pistol in MD?

Interesting concept, but what happens to the other stuff that is normally in the ejection seat kit????

Like the raft.

danimalw

Ultimate Member

It has a happy switch on it so no can do for this civilian..dagnabnit musky

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom