• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Impressive! I nailed a chipmunk once with a bow... purely by luck. If my life depended on it, I probably couldn't reproduce the feat.
    That was Christmas morning.
    That little bugger would run out, grab a fallen sesame seed from under the bird feeder, then haul ass back under the deck to eat it. I watched him do this several times, so the next time he came out, then went back in, I drew my bow and held it on the point where he grabbed the seed. The second he popped into view, I nailed him. Wife watched the whole thing from the bedroom window up stairs. :)

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    ... Bastard scurried up a tree...
    In half a century as a farm boy, I never knew they could do that until we had that once-in-a-lifetime dog. I witnessed him run them up a tree twice. The first time, I thought it must've been the world's fattest cat.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Had two under my shop that tore the bottom out of two rabbit feeders. 220 coni in a cubby right next to their hole with rabbit feed and lettuce is irresistible, or so I'm told.... Anyway, I don't have any more under the shed.. problem solved in two hours.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In half a century as a farm boy, I never knew they could do that until we had that once-in-a-lifetime dog. I witnessed him run them up a tree twice. The first time, I thought it must've been the world's fattest cat.

The big draw to my backyard is a weeping mulberry tree(no fruit). They love mulberry leaves. Once the eat all the low hanging leaves, they climb up into the canopy and chow down.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    The big draw to my backyard is a weeping mulberry tree(no fruit). They love mulberry leaves. Once the eat all the low hanging leaves, they climb up into the canopy and chow down.

That's nuts. All my life I've never seen, heard or had it happen to me until a couple weeks ago. I talked to the neighboring farmer and he said he has seen it happen only when he used to have a dog that would chase them up trees years ago. I'm pretty sure a family member has retired him. I think 6 have been retired here recently. Most in a single summer. Not sure where they are all coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom