• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Reading that ruling, I learned a new word today: "ambit."

Fully expect the full 9th go charging after this unspeakably sensible ruling. But it will be fun while it lasts.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    so limits null and void until en banc. Would be the opposite if the other side won so how about our side relishing in it...

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Putting on my magic hat:

En banc hearing in Dec 2020, En Banc rules the restriction is constitutional.

Appealed to Supreme Court.... Hearing in 2021, Roberts write majority opinion upholding restriction.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Putting on my magic hat:

En banc hearing in Dec 2020, En Banc rules the restriction is constitutional.

Appealed to Supreme Court.... Hearing in 2021, Roberts write majority opinion upholding restriction.

I look forward to being told that the founders only had single shot muskets even though the Girardoni air rifle and the Kalthoff repeater existed.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Because Trump has flipped the 9th circuit

And yet we still have never-Trumpers out there that are so incensed at, say, his limited public speaking vocabulary or willingness to fire/hire for key positions any time and any way he sees fit ... that they'd rather give the 9th back to the far left out of spite. Little victories like this - which may have very far-reaching consequences, ultimately even here in MD - are the payoff for the investment in voting for Trump and tolerating his personality.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Man, if this survives en banc, it's the case we need.

Also, the Trump crowd needs to get real, any GOP president would have made the same judicial picks. I guarantee Trump isn't the guy picking those names out.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Also, the Trump crowd needs to get real, any GOP president would have made the same judicial picks. I guarantee Trump isn't the guy picking those names out.

You're missing the point. No other GOP candidate could possibly have beat the Clinton machine. Imagining how Jeb Bush might have named people to that court is just silly - if not Trump, it would have been Hillary shoring up that court and every other one with the leftiest of lefty judges. It's not that another Republican wouldn't have named conservatives to the bench. It's that - like it or not - no other Republican would have had any such opportunity in 2016. We completely dodged a bullet on this front, and owe it to that blustery, annoying New York real estate developer and his ability to rally the average Joe against the Clinton juggernaut.

Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2012
    Sunny Southwest Florida
    Man, if this survives en banc, it's the case we need.

GWB didn't make the picks, and it's doubtful Romney, McCain would have made them either. Give the man his due. He made good picks.

And yet we still have never-Trumpers HERE ON THESE FORUMS that are so incensed at, say, his limited public speaking vocabulary or willingness to fire/hire for key positions any time and any way he sees fit ... that they'd rather give the 9th back to the far left out of spite. Little victories like this - which may have very far-reaching consequences, ultimately even here in MD - are the payoff for the investment in voting for Trump and tolerating his personality.

FIFY

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Can we now buy high capacity magazines in Maryland?

We’re not in the 9th Circuit. But if this stands, it could be pointed to as fuel for a SCOTUS challenge over places like MD. If it doesn’t stand (killed em banc), hopefully it’s taken right to SCOTUS, where it would be far more welcome if Trump survives November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom