• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    GLOCK Debuts a New Caliber Pistol;

GLOCK 44 Chambered in .22 LR

SMYRNA, Ga. – Dec 10, 2019 GLOCK, Inc., a global leader in firearms manufacturing and innovation, invites you to start the .22 Long Rifle (LR) caliber journey with the introduction of the new GLOCK 44.

The company debuted its first-ever .22 LR caliber pistol at a live product launch that included select media partners and distributors on site while GLOCK fans and brand loyalists tuned in to be a part of the experience from around the globe.

Since inception, GLOCK has been synonymous with reliability, accuracy and durability. GLOCK does not compromise when it comes to quality and reliability in a firearm. Now you can get the same trusted reliability and durability in a .22 LR caliber pistol. The GLOCK 44 has a unique hybrid steel-polymer slide and mirrors the iconic GLOCK 19 frame size for optimal performance for new shooters, sport shooters, and everyone in between. “The way the G44 mirrors the iconic G19 is great and all levels of shooters will benefit from owning and practicing with the G44,” said Retired Marine Gunner Christian Wade. “I subjected the G44 to a variety of adverse conditions and it holds its own with every other GLOCK ever produced.”
    Wade was one of two partners selected by GLOCK to rigorously test the GLOCK 44 in a variety of climates and adverse conditions. With over 30 years in the Marine Corps and as a firearms expert, Wade understands the importance of functionality and ease of use is realized in the GLOCK platform and carried on to the GLOCK 44.

GLOCK has taken everything that is fun and functional about a .22 LR caliber pistol and enhanced it to improve your experience with optimal performance. “While many .22 LR firearms exhibit tendencies to function differently with particular ammunition types, the G44 pistol functioned to near perfection,” said Bryan Peterson, Manager of Product Concept Development at Federal Ammunition.

Peterson was also a partner included in early testing and extended his expertise of ammunition through testing the G44 with thousands of rounds and a large variety of ammunition.

The G44 features many of the latest enhancements seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols such as the ambidextrous slide stop lever and reversible magazine catch, the GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) for increased accuracy and performance, adjustable back straps, and adjustable rear sights. The G44 also features a ghost hole loaded chamber indicator and comes standard with two 10-round load assist magazines.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    GLOCK-44-.22-LR-Pistol-600x400.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Glock continues to innovate and do things that nobody else has ever done before.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Pretty meh. Holster compatibility is cool, but it sounds like it's basically parts incompatible with many of their other guns. 10rd mags are also rather underwhelming; 15rd is really the minimum to be competitive nowadays.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Haven’t bought any guns in awhile, I’ll have to get this. I will wait for a factory threaded barrel though.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm reading reports that a threaded barrel will be available as an option. I might well buy one.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I'll be interested when it's been out with some reviews and has a threaded barrel. Gonna be tough to beat the mk iv I've got.

It’s a different class than the Mk IV. The Glock 44 will give Glock shooters the same grip, trigger, magazine release, sights, slide stop/release feel that the Mk IV can’t. I bought an Advantage Arms conversion kit vs a Ruger, Browning, or anything else just because of that.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'll definitely be getting one of these. When my main competition gun was a Glock I always wished they would put out a .22 instead of having to use a conversion that, 99% of the time, sucked.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    A .22 must have a good trigger. Good trigger ( and good sights) control accuracy and a .22 must be accurate to have value for a .22 ‘s intended purpose. Target shooting, small game plinking. The glocks i own have similar triggers, fine for self defense but coarse, and sights that need replacing out of the box, unless bought upgraded. My opinion of course. How are the sights and trigger on this pistol? I am a glock fan, but try shooting a les baer then a glock, then a ruger mark...and then a glock. Triggers matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom