• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    We have an important election Tuesday Nov. 5th. Probably the most important election in VA’s history. Every congressional state seat is up for election. If we, R’s, lose the majority we are in the same shape as CA, MD, NJ, etc. I know I’m preaching to the choir here but all VA residents need to get out and vote, hopefully, straight Republican. fred55

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes. I agree with fred55. This is the most important election in VA's history. In addition to the magazine ban, they are pushing for an "Assault Weapons" ban & a suppressor ban with no grandfathering.

I have told every single gun owner I know about this and 90% of them had no idea this was on the table. What is it with gun owners not paying attention to politics??? It pisses me off to think about how many are clueless and will probably stay home this November 5th.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    This is being voted on November 5th? I will pass the word along to some of my VA co workers and friends.

This bill is not being voted on. It was part of the special session nugget the Gov tried to slip through. The Republicans were able to stop it in its tracks. If the Dems take control of the senate and house that puppy will be rammed through. Next year we need to vote Northam out. fred55

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    As long as Government keeps expanding MD, DC and VA will keep turning a deeper blue. NOVA is going to run Richmond if not this election cycle then certainly the next.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    This is being voted on November 5th? I will pass the word along to some of my VA co workers and friends.

This bill is not being voted on. It was part of the special session nugget the Gov tried to slip through. The Republicans were able to stop it in its tracks. If the Dems take control of the senate and house that puppy will be rammed through. Next year we need to vote Northam out. fred55

What fred55 said. Having said that, please tell all your VA friends to go vote and to NOT vote D :D

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dems don't care about the Constitution...nothing but a speed bump to their ends. At best...Democrats have a buffet attitude towards the Constitution...they pick and choose whatever portions of it they like and can use and corrupt and disregard the rest.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I will say this. I definitely will NOT comply. I’m not just saying it to sound tough but I’ve had enough. F*ck the Democrats and anyone else who cherry picks the constitution. I will happily spend my life savings fighting this unconstitutional bullsh*t.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wow, no grandfathering. Straight up ban. I guess I need or could read the text instead of summary to see exact details, but doesn't look like it allows any kind of Cali style modifications to make it "not an assault firearm". Get it gone, render it inoperable or go to prison.

Sounds like Virginia wants to jump straight to the head of the line on "strictest gun laws" in one legislative session.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    This is sure to be reintroduced at the beginning of the General Assembly's next session.
    If this gets passed, it this will just kill the VA. gun shows, like Chantilly.

:sad20:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” --- Ben Franklin

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I think this is going to be a real bitch. This POS northam wants to show the whole US, look what we did. I don't think he knows how big this can of worms is that he's about to open. He's going to open it, but I don't think it will be opened for long. We can't say too much on an open forum, but somewhere along the line it's going to be bad. For both sides.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Yeah

I think this is going to be a real bitch. This POS northam wants to show the whole US, look what we did. I don't think he knows how big this can of worms is that he's about to open. He's going to open it, but I don't think it will be opened for long. We can't say too much on an open forum, but somewhere along the line it's going to be bad. For both sides.

Unfortunately in this matter I agree.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Per the bill

Yikes!

"Assault firearm" means:

1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);

5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material; or

6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom