• ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Cant wait for the ones against
    SPLC , Al Sharpton and a few others

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Oh, this will be a Godawful mess. Probably the smartest course of action would be to organize a new NRA (legally papered in a safe state like West Virginia), then transfer all the assets of the old organization to it.

The problem being that a new organization would need to flush out about 90% of the old organization's leadership.

This. I feel throwing money at the current organization is just feeding the NY suit and keeping the problems in place. Best to move on and let them waste each other’s time while building an organization that is responsive to its members and not its leader.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    She’s not doing it because she hates Wayne. She’s doing it because she hates YOU.

Exactly. How does suing Lapierre close the NRA though? I don't get it...

That's like suing Walt Disney just to close Disneyland.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How long before she goes after financial mismanagement in BLM?

and any one of 100 other non-profits that flagrantly fleece members and donors to the benefit of leadership. But, those don't meet the political criteria for action of course.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    We've been talking about this stuff for years. Wayne is an empty suit, always has been. Oliver North exposed Wayne & Co as the frauds they were, so they slandered him.

The NRA has STOLEN from everyone of us here. They deserve to burn.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We've been talking about this stuff for years. Wayne is an empty suit, always has been. Oliver North exposed Wayne & Co as the frauds they were, so they slandered him.

The NRA has STOLEN from everyone of us here. They deserve to burn.

Perhaps, but it's up to us to light the match, not this woman.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Right up her alley.

Can we disband NYC, in return? There's plenty of the corruption she's talking about in that cesspool of a city, but she finds the time to go after the NRA instead of cleaning her own house. The sad thing is, naturally, LaPierre will bring the ship down with him, especially now that his butt's on the line. Dude should've taken the hint and stepped down when Ollie North tried to force him out; "unanimous vote" my ass.

The NRA has plenty of problems, but I honestly hope this wakes people up to get rid of the current "leadership", and that the organization recovers following that. I'm still throwing my lot in with GOA and MSI, but I'd really hate to think I put money down on a life membership for nothing.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    If the NRA needs a come uppance, and it certainly appears to need exactly that? Hold the applause, because there is no way that this New York bitch is doing any of us any favors.

What I have yet to see with all this upheaval and bemoaning of the NRA is any clear indication of who the good guys are within the current NRA. I HOPE there are some good guys left, because none of the other 2A organizations are in NRA's league when it comes to anything resembling political clout. I'm all ears. But before we help tear the old barn down, seems to me that we'd do well to have a new one.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    LaPierre and the current leadership is fired. Current legal representation and Ack-Mc is fired. NRA pays a multi-million fine in a settlement.

Then, we get an involved board, apologize to Ollie North and hire real leadership. It's a mess but the NRA can get through it.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    LaPierre and the current leadership is fired. Current legal representation and Ack-Mc is fired. NRA pays a multi-million fine in a settlement.

Then, we get an involved board, apologize to Ollie North and hire real leadership. It's a mess but te NRA can get through it.

Amen! I like this outcome. :party29:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    God, if only Chuck Heston were still alive today. We need a new Moses to lead the NRA out of this mess
    As I posted on the other thread, "Gee, if only this were at the end of T45's second term. Then he could be elected head of the NRA & really turn the organization around."

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    As I posted on the other thread, "Gee, if only this were at the end of T45's second term. Then he could be elected head of the NRA & really turn the organization around."

I want don jr to drop a billion on the SAF in response to this.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Since the .Gov gives money to liberal non profits, maybe the R's should give it to the conservatives ones like SAF also.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I and several members of my family are NRA Lifetime Members. I disagree with things that have happened and how money has been spent at NRA. Full Stop.

This makes no sense to me. A wounded and visibly hemorrhaging NRA is a great way to demoralize a substantial portion of the 2A community. Why on earth would they want to dissolve it?

If the NRA is so 2A inneffectual and wasting so many 2A donation dollars, why are we seeing them ratcheting up these assaults on the NRA? Every $ that NRA wastes on <insert some lavish thing that Wayne did> is a $1 more that isn't going toward something that helps the 2A.

Why close up a 2A cash black hole? Unless maybe they are being more effective than we believe? Or at least that they believe the NRA is more effective than we believe it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom