• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    I have had several experiences recently where companies won’t ship legal products to Maryland.

(1) Palmetto State Armory held onto my money for two months before they decided they weren’t going to ship an H-BAR 300 Blackout AR-15 to my FFL.

(2) At the same time, Palmetto canceled an order for an AR-15 lower.

(3) Optics Planet won’t ship ammunition of any kind to Maryland.

(4) Vendors won’t ship <10 round magazines to Maryland, even though they’re legal.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Welcome to the struggle. With all our confusing laws its getting worse too. Easier to just say no to our small market than take the risk or time trying to decipher laws.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Odd, I had palmetto ship two stripped lowers last week without issue. I’d bet it was due to them overselling stock and using the MD laws as an excuse

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Politics are a bitch. I would suggest that you send any of these interactions to your Delegates & Senator for their awareness on how crippling and confusing laws are having a disparate effect on the economic rights of Marylanders. With the Democrat/Progressive Left super-majority, it may fall on deaf ears. We get the government for which we vote.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    can it be used..

Politics are a bitch. I would suggest that you send any of these interactions to your Delegates & Senator for their awareness on how crippling and confusing laws are having a disparate effect on the economic rights of Marylanders. With the Democrat/Progressive Left super-majority, it may fall on deaf ears. We get the government for which we vote.

can this be used for a lawsuit stating that it indeed does impede the right to own firearms, even legal in the State's eyes?

Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    That thought also crossed my mind. (That Palmetto is selling guns they don’t yet have). People in South Carolina are bigger assholes than Yankees ever have been to me.

Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    I’m sympathetic to these business people, but if we can force bakers to bake gay wedding cakes, I don’t see how people have the option of not selling legal products to Marylanders.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If anyone has a recommendation for a good complete AR-15 lower that will ship to Maryland I’m all ears.

Buy from your local gun shop. A lower would have to go through a MD FFL anyway,

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    can this be used for a lawsuit stating that it indeed does impede the right to own firearms, even legal in the State's eyes?

More than likely it will be used to show how Marylanders are trying to order ARs from out of state to "avoid our laws." Then the HBAR ban bill will be brought back to keep people from "ordering assault rifles on the internet".

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    If anyone has a recommendation for a good complete AR-15 lower that will ship to Maryland I’m all ears.

Buy from your local gun shop. A lower would have to go through a MD FFL anyway,

I think the problem is a complete lower. I know a few local shops have stripped lowers, but one of the guys at a local store is trying to build up one of the lowers to a complete gun and he is saying he can’t even find a decent lower parts kit in stock anywhere...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    More than likely it will be used to show how Marylanders are trying to order ARs from out of state to "avoid our laws." Then the HBAR ban bill will be brought back to keep people from "ordering assault rifles on the internet".

One has nothing to do with the other. They will bring it back until it passes no matter what else is going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would suggest that you send any of these interactions to your Delegates & Senator for their awareness on how crippling and confusing laws are having a disparate effect on the economic rights of Marylanders. With the Democrat/Progressive Left super-majority, it may fall on deaf ears.

No! Do NOT do this!

It won't fall on deaf lefty ears, it will fall on the ears of people who are looking for every possible angle to make this WORSE. Filling them in on the details just gives them a more target-rich environment. Do not make things worse. Just shop with companies that want your business (there are plenty) and otherwise just grin and bear it with regard to how much the recent panic buying has cleaned things out. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom