Is a Security Clearance grounds for Wear and Carry Permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    I have just recently saw a reference to an active clearance being grounds for a MD Carry permit... is this the case? is there any other criteria required beyond that?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    TS SCI clearance is good to go. Just need a letter from your SSO stating active access or a VOE from a three-letter agency.

Yes, but then you're telling folks who don't really have a need-to-know, that you've got a TS/SCI. I'd think that would be difficult to reconcile with OPSEC.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Yes, but then you're telling folks who don't really have a need-to-know, that you've got a TS/SCI. I'd think that would be difficult to reconcile with OPSEC.

Yeah, the whole thing is BS. Your average SSO/FSO isn't going to write that letter and look at you like a retard for even asking.

DeathBeforeDishonor

Wildlife Consultant
    Jan 14, 2017
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Who do you guys work for..:cop:
    index.jpg

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

Meh. Go to one of the .gov/contractor job fairs. Everyone's resume and CV announce their clearance level in bold letters. Great places for intel collection and target reconnaissance.

Yeah, the whole thing is BS. Your average SSO/FSO isn't going to write that letter and look at you like a retard for even asking.

^this. If I tried to ask for such a letter (for arguments sake, let's pretend I might have a clearance :rolleyes: ), I'd be laughed out of [insert secured facility here].

ehall

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2020
    I'm on the consulting side. My FSO takes security very seriously, always talking about taking a different route to work, stuff like that. I told him I heard TS was grounds for getting a permit, and he gave me a form letter, like he does them all the time. I am friends with a couple of govt civilians who have them too.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Confirmation of TS/SCI should not be an issue, association can be. Stating on a Resume that a person has tickets and providing that resume to a prospective employer where access is a requirement is not a problem on a one-off basis. Standing on Rt.32 holding a sign is a different story. Some FSOs will balk at issuing confirmation in writing because for many it’s uncharted territory, but the situation is unique. While it’s not Federal Agency to Agency confirmation at classification, the confirmation IS going to a State Law Enforcement Agency who states they have a need to know only of the existence of an active clearance, but nothing beyond that. Somewhat gray, but I’ve seen the confirmation many times. Good luck....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom