Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If I have a tank in my yard the HOA can say anything it wants to. But I can ignore them because I'd have a tank in my yard.

My wife says “what are you gonna do with a tank?”

Whatever the hell I want.

That’s not too terrible. I have friends with walk in safes that have safes within (just for storage) that are bigger than mine and a few with indoor ranges in their basement.

I have a friend in Montana that has a 20x20 walk in vault and no more room..well over 1000 , mostly militaria including machine guns from ally and Axis forces from WW1 and 2. But many are modern sporting guns. We were in the Navy together and he had just started his collection, buying a 1903 and a pre WW2 1911.. in 1983 he paid less than $200 for both. The bug bit him bad..he bought nearly 30 the first year, had them shipped back to Deer lodge where he still lives..

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I selected 10+ and will say it is also less then 20. Two are specifically for self defense, one was a cheap collection add (mosin), and the rest have specific "jobs" for hunting various animals from distances of a few feet to about 300 yards. I'd have more, but I have non-firearms things I need to buy and I refuse to get an hql to buy more handguns.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    I selected 10+ and will say it is also less then 20. Two are specifically for self defense, one was a cheap collection add (mosin), and the rest have specific "jobs" for hunting various animals from distances of a few feet to about 300 yards. I'd have more, but I have non-firearms things I need to buy and I refuse to get an hql to buy more handguns.

Thanks for your response! Your answers are super helpful. Hope you had an awesome thanksgiving and happy deer season!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Well, damn it. You guys got me. I am not actually a person, just an organization representing all of your wives. :innocent0

You jest, but there is an actual anti-2a group called "Mom's demand Action" headed by Shannon Watts, paid for by Bloomberg who is active in Marland. Seriously!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I sooooooo want a cannon, or two. Trust me, I keep asking the Mrs. every 6 months about this. It doesn't matter how big or small she won't let me put anything like that in the yard (front or back). I even offered to point it towards the ultra liberal neighbors we can't stand :D. Sooner or later I figure I'll wear her down.

Every time we drive through Gettysburg I hear an immediate loud "No!" before I even say something. Hey, at least she knows what I want.

Attach a tower with ramparts onto a corner of your home! Technically, the new cannon would not be in a yard :innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I sooooooo want a cannon, or two. Trust me, I keep asking the Mrs. every 6 months about this. It doesn't matter how big or small she won't let me put anything like that in the yard (front or back). I even offered to point it towards the ultra liberal neighbors we can't stand :D. Sooner or later I figure I'll wear her down.

Every time we drive through Gettysburg I hear an immediate loud "No!" before I even say something. Hey, at least she knows what I want.

Excuse the temporary thread drift.

FLP53 here are a couple of links to share with your wife to show her that cannons could help with the grocery bills or help protect you from marauding animals.

Hunting
    http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Protection
    http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have nothing to hide..I own

4 muzzleloading rifles
    1 cap and ball pistol
    13 AR15 platform rifles in various calibers
    1 AR10
    4 pistol caliber carbines
    7 rimfire rifles
    8 shotguns
    4 AR pistols
    2 lever action rifles
    4 bolt action rifles
    2 SKS rifles
    16 pistols..

As far as I'm concerned, these are rookie numbers..I'm just getting started..

No one needs a cap and ball pistol

Are you one of those gun nuts ?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom