• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Make that 121 days
    form 4 individual for a suppressor, 6/26/2020 - 10-25-2020, stamp got to my dealer on 10-29-20.

Ya'll are giving me TOO much hope. Of course I really need my .308 Sako threaded. But I guess it isn't the end of the world if my can clears NFA jail before I get around to that. I can always run it on one of my AR-15s or my AR-10.

Tax stamp still not cashed. But dealer only just got my can on Friday. My clock probably doesn't start until later this week or early next week I'd imagine.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    eForm 1 Individual
    Submitted: 10/17/20
    Approved: 11/12/20
    Calendar Days: 27
    Working days: 17

Now, if I could just get my Form 4 can out of GymRatz....

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Is legislation coming to get silencers out of NFA hands?

i had heard that silencers might stop being NFA controlled, still probably need to buy through FFL, but no more Form 4, etc. If this happens, do all the ones currently in jail get set free immediately? Does anyone have any information if this legislation is getting any traction?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    i had heard that silencers might stop being NFA controlled, still probably need to buy through FFL, but no more Form 4, etc. If this happens, do all the ones currently in jail get set free immediately? Does anyone have any information if this legislation is getting any traction?

You're about 2 years or so late to that party. And no the AHA didn't go anywhere.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Ordered from the silencer shop on 6/23/2020
    Did my eForm part on 6/24/2020
    Check Cashed 7/14/2020
    Stamp approved 11/5/2020
    Cindy’s Hot Shots Called me just now 11/13/2020 with my tax stamp in hand.
    144 days total

Going to pick it up right now

Friday the 13th. Always my favorite days...

Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Ordered from the silencer shop on 6/23/2020
    Did my eForm part on 6/24/2020
    Check Cashed 7/14/2020
    Stamp approved 7/5/2020
    Cindy’s Hot Shots Called me just now 11/13/2020 with my tax stamp in hand.
    144 days total

Going to pick it up right now

Friday the 13th. Always my favorite days...
    Thats not bad. I ordered my last in July, but it took almost a month to cash the check...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

seanm

Nov 23, 2015
    Silencer(s): 2 suppressors, Wilson Combat and Omega 300, both handled by Black Anchor Armory
    Filing Type: Individual
    Purchased: Both units at Black Anchor 7/6/2020
    Paper work sent in: 7/8/2020
    Both checks Cashed: 7/16/2020
    Stamps At Dealer: 11/16/2020
    Picked Up: 11/17/2020

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    I made a noob (my first NFA item) mistake and just now realized if i filled my form 1 on eforms they don't mail your approved form back, they email it to you....... i been sitting here for a month wondering were my form is.... it was in my email the whole time.... ALL RIGHT TIME TO CHOP THIS BARREL OFF!!!!

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I made a noob (my first NFA item) mistake and just now realized if i filled my form 1 on eforms they don't mail your approved form back, they email it to you....... i been sitting here for a month wondering were my form is.... it was in my email the whole time.... ALL RIGHT TIME TO CHOP THIS BARREL OFF!!!!

If you log in to your eForm account they are there for download as well. Click on the little eyeball. Looks like they are retained for quite awhile as well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Tax stamp check finally cashed. So my clock starts. SS says yesterday, but I suspect it was either actually Saturday or today. I can't see ATF (let alone the banks) doing anything on a Sunday.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Tax stamp check finally cashed. So my clock starts. SS says yesterday, but I suspect it was either actually Saturday or today. I can't see ATF (let alone the banks) doing anything on a Sunday.
    They use a third party contractor for it, so who knows when/how it gets done. I forget who has the contract now. I love the idea of an ATF agent walking into the local bank with 10,000 checks to deposit though. Feeling the urge to make a meme now. Can’t mock the ATF enough, if you ask me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They use a third party contractor for it, so who knows when/how it gets done. I forget who has the contract now. I love the idea of an ATF agent walking into the local bank with 10,000 checks to deposit though. Feeling the urge to make a meme now. Can’t mock the ATF enough, if you ask me.

Huh. Interesting. My agency has a treasury application to deposit checks directly. Works not all together different from your online banking app. Though no scanning the check face. Just key the routing number, account number and remittance amount. Not sure how quick Treasury then actually processes the transaction. I figured ATF used something similar since they are an actual department of the treasury (my agency is not under treasury). Though could be ATF is so small they don’t have staff to do process that stuff.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Huh. Interesting. My agency has a treasury application to deposit checks directly. Works not all together different from your online banking app. Though no scanning the check face. Just key the routing number, account number and remittance amount. Not sure how quick Treasury then actually processes the transaction. I figured ATF used something similar since they are an actual department of the treasury (my agency is not under treasury). Though could be ATF is so small they don’t have staff to do process that stuff.
    Look up the budget for the BATFE and you'll have a very rude awakening about how large they really are, versus what you think they are.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    This!

This!!! :lol: And that's only budget you can see. Not what's burried in IAA's (Inter Agency Agreements) within the classified "DoD" budget.

Not that I would know anything about that stuff.:innocent0

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What I see is 10% of my agency’s employees and 14% of my agency’s budget. Which as pointed out, doesn’t include any funding for non-mission tasks through inter agency agreements that help fund stuff.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    This long wait also kills the market for used NFA items, especially suppressors which quickly show wear.
    $200 and 8 Mos wait for a can. You'll keep the can forever. Might as well buy new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom