• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arts

Nov 14, 2014
    Mainly looking for indoor ranges in AA County or close by that allow for shooting a 223 AR.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    Guntry in Owings Mills allows you to shoot 5.56/2.23 on their 25 yard lanes and on their 100 yard rifle ranges. Not sure where you are in AA County, but if you don't mind taking a ride to Baltimore County it's a nice facility.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I second Guntry. Although it's a little expensive for non members (I paid $50 for a rifle lane) but I haven't seen anything else in MD or surrounding states that even comes close to as nice. They've got target cams from 50-100 yards, so a real pleasure to sight in a rifle on paper targets.

Another option which is less expensive is Hap Baker in Westminster. Outdoor range out to 200 yards. $20 for non county residents, $5 off for veterans or active duty. The benefit of Hap is that there is no time limit, you can shoot open to close for the low flat fee. That said, you need to get there 15-30 minutes before they open to reliably secure a lane without having to wait an hour or three. They've got a number of 25/50/100/200 yard lanes and a few 100/200 yard lanes. If you really want a 25/50 yard set up, definitely get there a half hour early, especially on weekends. This is also not a good place to "shoot to shoot", but rather a great place to dial in rifles and do actual target work. I definitely recommend Shoot-N-C splatter type targets for Hap if shooting past 100. Or bring a good spotting scope, because theirs aren't good.
    '

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not mentioned in Post #3 , MSAR offers 50yd . Not as good as 100 or 200, but exponentially better than 25yds or shorter .

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    MSAR also lets ya bring your own ammo
    If ya don’t mind it getting fingered
    It’s a head on a swivel kinda place.
    Lotta shooter with no clue wtf they are doing

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    $50? For one trip to the range? Did this come with a happy ending? Was it worth it?

Yep. I think memberships are $49 per month. I will probably get one once I can afford to buy range ammo on the regular again.

I would say it was worth it. It's a very nice set up, almost too nice. I had to pinch myself a few times and remind myself I was still in Maryland.

arts

Nov 14, 2014
    I heard that the Glen Burnie range was remodeling. Good to have a time frame. Thanks for all the replies.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fred's specifically allows .223 . 50 Foot distance for a rifle would be basically function testing .

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    How is Guntry Club as far as how they treat you? I'm not a fan of places that treat you like a criminal the minute you walk in the door. One of the reasons i like Machine Gun Nest, even though it's only 25 yards is because nearly everyone working there is very friendly and is one of "us".

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Guntry is good to go.

I spoke with the owner last week when I was there. Didn't know he was the owner for most of the conversation. Super nice and super down to earth. Same can be said for the other employees I encountered.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    MSAR although that place feels unsafe at times with the inexperienced shooters.

Freds Outdoors as well but thats in southern MD.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    How is Guntry Club as far as how they treat you? I'm not a fan of places that treat you like a criminal the minute you walk in the door. One of the reasons i like Machine Gun Nest, even though it's only 25 yards is because nearly everyone working there is very friendly and is one of "us".

It is very accommodating for all types of shooters. I have seen couples, families, even groups of people come in together and get lanes. Then you have folks like me that come in and do what I need to and roll out. The RSO's I have met have all been very helpful. When you walk in the people at the desk help you get registered, there is a 8 min video to watch and some forms to sign. That is a one time deal everyone has to do, no biggie.

This place is very friendly. I am a member. You can make your lane reservations online so no showing up and waiting in line for a lane. Just check in and head on down to your lane. This is a really nice feature, no waiting for the next guy to eventually finish before getting some lane time. FYI the 25 yard lanes are unlimited use for members, while the 100 yard lane is $15/per for a member. I am there every week and do not have an issue booking time. For the times I want to use the 100 yard lane, to zero a rifle in, $15 isn't too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom