Is a Security Clearance grounds for Wear and Carry Permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm all about exploiting a vulnerability. But don't tell me someone working at the big glass building for 20 years all of the sudden feels threatened and are scared day to day.
    Seriously, how humiliating for a Trooper who knows differently to have to go ahead and follow through on one of these apps.
    Literally ZERO of these applicants have NEVER been followed to their home by the "enemy" and had to follow through with counter surveillance.

Why do you care how people are obtaining their permits? You've got yours or is that what this is all about?

Newsflash - most states will issue a permit just because and a lot of them with (gasp) no training requirements. Any issues with that on your end or is it just the old MSP traditions that you are enamored with?

Shall not be infringed right?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And I would turn that statement around and say how humiliating it must be for Troopers to deny the average Joe a permit when they know, deep down inside, that they are violating their oaths.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why do you care how people are obtaining their permits? You've got yours or is that what this is all about?

Newsflash - most states will issue a permit just because and a lot of them with (gasp) no training requirements. Any issues with that on your end or is it just the old MSP traditions that you are enamored with?

Shall not be infringed right?

And I would turn that statement around and say how humiliating it must be for Troopers to deny the average Joe a permit when they know, deep down inside, that they are violating their oaths.

I know what states "do". I certainly don't need your over enthusiastic explanation. I used a big word in my other comments, "Exploit". Go check the definition, and see how it was used in my context.

Does the restaurant kitchen industry have an oath? I bet you were open carrying when you made this post.

I simply asked how many clearance holders feel scared because they have a TS? What's your issue with that?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Maryland, through the MGA, and local municipalities pass several laws that conflict with constitutional rights. The MGA does not want an endless stream of ex-Vet's showing up on Fox 45 news (especially purple heart recipients) explaining they lost their right to CCW when they moved to MD. They also don't want images of 9/11 posted in the background as they interview TS holders saying they lost their right to CCW when they moved to MD.

The loophole exists, just as the loophole for standard mag purchases by LEOs so the ruling cabal can stop negative criticism of their unconstitutional actions by powerful and influential groups.

It has nothing to do with "need" or "being scared".

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Why is this being described as a vulnerability or loophole in the system? We all know G&S is bs and they have failed to define it. This just happens to be one of the cases where they have determined it meets that nebulous criteria.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I qualify for the standard set by MSP. No where in that standard does it say you must be in fear of your life. In fact being in fear of your life does not even qualify.

The more they loosen the G and S thebetter for us in the looooooooooooong run that is ahead.

Nobody

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I qualify for the standard set by MSP. No where in that standard does it say you must be in fear of your life. In fact being in fear of your life does not even qualify.

The more they loosen the G and S thebetter for us in the looooooooooooong run that is ahead.

Nobody

I hope I live long enough to see that happen.

Many of us WOULD HAVE qualified if this exemption existed 10 or 15 years ago; unfortunately we don't have a time machine and are fresh out of butthurt. Good for the new ranks of C&W holders. It's another welcome chink in the MGA Jim Crow armor.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I hope I live long enough to see that happen.

Many of us WOULD HAVE qualified if this exemption existed 10 or 15 years ago; unfortunately we don't have a time machine and are fresh out of butthurt. Good for the new ranks of C&W holders. It's another welcome chink in the MGA Jim Crow armor.

What makes you think you don’t qualify? Where does it say that only current holders qualify? You very well might qualify if you ever held a clearance (like an ex cop).

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

tom855

Apr 11, 2013
    Pretty amazing. I’ve never heard of anyone I know actually using this as a reason to get a permit. But hey, if it works....... *♂️

Jul 16, 2020
    Pretty amazing. I’ve never heard of anyone I know actually using this as a reason to get a permit. But hey, if it works....... *♂️

That's how I got mine. It's a very straightforward process with the applicable clearance and the SSO memo stating that you have an active clearance, and this is key, that your job requires "daily access to classified, protected information." The carry permit they issue you will stipulate that once your clearance or employment status changes, the permit will no longer be valid.

EsBee

Sep 4, 2020
    Good luck sir, I just got mine, it took what seemed like a hostage negotiation situation with my FSO in order to get the VOC letter. I’m sure my next re-up will be interesting but I’d do it all over again if I had to.

Cool, and congratulations!

I am in the process of getting my letter from my employer, HGC partially filled out, let's see what happens but guessing the interview will be a grueling process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom