• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    Not many of you guys were around when the 1968 Gun Control Act was passed. It included an amnesty period when owners of machineguns, short-barreled shotguns, destructive devices, etc. could take them down to the IRS office and register them. There was no registration fee, but future transfers, of course, were regulated and taxed. The object was not to confiscate the guns, but was to register them so that the government knew where they were and who had them.
    I know that there is currently a lot of suspicion that the government will impose a $200 registration fee on semi-autos if the democrat proposals become law. But I don't think they will do that. Just like the situation in 1968, the dems want to know where the guns are and who has them, so that some time in the future they can come and get them. They are smart enough to know that the $200 tax will dissuade gun owners from registering their guns. But if registration is free, then more of us are likely to go ahead and sign on the dotted line.
    We just have to realize that free registration is just as dangerous as registration that costs $200 per gun.
    As for magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, I don't think that there will be any registration of those. They'll just be outlawed, and if you get caught with one, they'll cut your dick off or something like that. But there are too many of them to register.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    350 million people and growing.
    If you are a hunter you have seen the crowding of public hunting lands in the last 10-20 years. Private land that was huntable with a handshake 30 years ago, is now leased to those with the funds.
    I hunt east coast and out west on public, I kayak fish mountain rivers,, the crowding I have seen in the last 10 years is mind blowing. They are now "rationing" the "wilderness,, yup you enter a lottery or reserve years ahead for many of the more popular rivers to float.
    So who do you think will be given preference for the prime wilderness trips? the prime government housing?, etc ?,,, Maybe even the prime "wife" will go to the connected in the party?

In 20 years from now,, Hunting will be reserved for those in the "party", and they will be the only ones with a need for a "gun"

You're missing the point, sir. They WILL come for your hunting "implements" too. They do not care what your gun looks like, what you do with it, or how it functions. A gun in your hands, my hands, or anyone else that is not part of the "party" is a seen by THEM as a threat to their power. I CAN NOT make it any more clearer than that!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    What the hell type of threat is that?? most of us are married,, Our dicks were cut off long ago.

As for magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, I don't think that there will be any registration of those. They'll just be outlawed, and if you get caught with one, they'll cut your dick off or something like that. But there are too many of them to register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom