• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Don't need those... but if you're offering, please also send a clear photo of your driver's license.

I do like your sense of humor. Good luck on your project - as another member posted, the survey tool may meet your needs. I would like to see the final project when you are done.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    I do like your sense of humor. Good luck on your project - as another member posted, the survey tool may meet your needs. I would like to see the final project when you are done.

Thank you. I have been working on it for about a month and it will be finished and submitted for review in late January. If you would actually like to read it keep in touch- I'm happy to share it.

Look out for some surveys to come- that was a great idea!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    You need to create a unique and separate poll for each question, and I suggest creating ranges for responses - like age, number of guns, etc. Also, consider converting some of your open-ended questions to multiple choice. People are not going to provide this info in one shot, the collection methodology needs to disaggregate the demographic data/PII from the gun data.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not an individual enticement.

I’m thinking more of a donation to help the community. That sends a message.

Surveys (Those that are legitimate) should not ever include INDIVIDUAL inducement, enticement. You are correct.

Lots of ways to skin a cat ...other than grabbing it by the tail and getting out the cleaver and vise grips.

Best of luck.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you do a survey on # of guns, make sure “I don’t know” is an option. Many here have no idea.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Hi All-

I am a relatively new forum member, but an old gun owner. I am a CZ enthusiast from Montgomery county, very much looking forward to moving to Frederick. I wasn't sure where else to locate this on the forum but....

I recently returned to higher education after a major medical disaster rendered me unable to do my old job (I was a tattoo artist and basically my heart exploded). As part of my degree I am writing a anthropological study of Maryland gun owners who are active online. I am unable to conduct any in- person interviews because I am severely immunocompromised (I am on the transplant list for a heart) and can't really go much of anywhere. I know it is a big ask, if you would be willing to participate (pretty pretty please), just respond to the thread with answers to any or all of the questions below. If you don't feel comfortable or just don't want to reply publicly, feel free to send me a private message. I will not be using any identifying information in the final study- including usernames.

What is your age, gender and marital status? Do you have children?

How many guns do you own?

What type of guns are they?

How long have you owned guns?

Where do you do most of your shooting?

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)?

Why do you own guns?

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums?

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations?

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how?

If you made it all the way down here, thank you so much. I really really appreciate any replies or information- it helps me out a whole heck of a lot- especially being immunocompromised, I can't go out and do in- person interviews. So thanks again!!

I'm really gonna need to know what you're wearing before I answer questions like those.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• 3160C218-CB9B-4E49-AB0A-45422E139974.jpg
      3160C218-CB9B-4E49-AB0A-45422E139974.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 204

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Thank you. I have been working on it for about a month and it will be finished and submitted for review in late January. If you would actually like to read it keep in touch- I'm happy to share it.

Look out for some surveys to come- that was a great idea!

We aren’t going anywhere unless we are sent to banned camp for some infraction.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Are there people here who have real guns? Like shooty guns?

Geeze, I just have a bunch of nail guns, screw guns, impact guns, and caulk guns. As Teratos said, I really have no idea how many. Some don't even work - do those count?

When I was a kid, everybody had a flit gun or two lying around the garage or basement. I haven't seen one of them in a while. I guess they're c&r. Since the flit was banned, people probably stashed the guns. I certainly don't have any flit guns.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This is the first time reading this thread and post(s) , i did answer her survey .

I am very surprised at some that would put down the lady asking questions , some are a bit rough . Now the part i don't understand is being rude , if you don't want to play along and answer then say so but being rude seems to be unneeded .

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    This is the first time reading this thread and post(s) , i did answer her survey .

I am very surprised at some that would put down the lady asking questions , some are a bit rough . Now the part i don't understand is being rude , if you don't want to play along and answer then say so but being rude seems to be unneeded .

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom