• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings!
    Like it says on the tin, former anti-gun person now owner of a Ruger PC 9 carbine. I also took the MD HQL course/permit thing and found out just about 5 minutes ago that it went through, so I'm now also in the market for a pistol.

After not firing anything for about 20 years (besides the 8 shots at the HQL course) I just took the carbine for a small solo range day at Maryland Small Arms near home and quite enjoyed it. I'm still not sure I've got the Firefield reflex sight tuned correctly but I also like its iron sights just fine so may just not use it at all. The Tandemkross fiber sights upgrade also interests me.

Before this re-introduction, I was trained on the M1A4 with Uncle Sam, and a couple years before that my late step-dad spent a month in the summer training me on a wide variety of pistols, rifles and even an original Thompson submachine gun. It's crazy how fast that all came back.

I really like the handling of the Ruger carbine and might only modify it a little. I doubt I'll ever to do any competitions or hunting with it, but you never know.

Be safe out there y'all. Good luck.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Greetings!
    Like it says on the tin, former anti-gun person now owner of a Ruger PC 9 carbine. I also took the MD HQL course/permit thing and found out just about 5 minutes ago that it went through, so I'm now also in the market for a pistol.

After not firing anything for about 20 years (besides the 8 shots at the HQL course) I just took the carbine for a small solo range day at Maryland Small Arms near home and quite enjoyed it. I'm still not sure I've got the Firefield reflex sight tuned correctly but I also like its iron sights just fine so may just not use it at all. The Tandemkross fiber sights upgrade also interests me.

Before this re-introduction, I was trained on the M1A4 with Uncle Sam, and a couple years before that my late step-dad spent a month in the summer training me on a wide variety of pistols, rifles and even an original Thompson submachine gun. It's crazy how fast that all came back.

I really like the handling of the Ruger carbine and might only modify it a little. I doubt I'll ever to do any competitions or hunting with it, but you never know.

Congrats! Hope you’ve realized the error of your anti ways and sway others.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    welcome and congrats! please convert all your antigun friends! we're really a good group and just want to be left alone and able to protect ourselves should the need arise. plus as you've seen, guns are a 'blast' to shoot!

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Greetings!

Welcome from another part of the anti-gun DC suburbs. Many of us have evolved in one way or another in recent years so welcome to the dark side. Most here are friendly and helpful, and have good reading comprehension.

Re-read post #1
    OP- Welcome to the dark side. You're not the only 2020 first time gun buyer.
    Make sure to become proficient (safe shooter first, accuracy takes longer) Make sure you let your friends/relatives/acquaintances know you support The 2A and why.
    I'm not a big fan of "Orange Man", but I would never vote for a politician who wants to further restrict our rights.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Re-read post #1
    OP- Welcome to the dark side. You're not the only 2020 first time gun buyer.
    Make sure to become proficient (safe shooter first, accuracy takes longer) Make sure you let your friends/relatives/acquaintances know you support The 2A and why.
    I'm not a big fan of "Orange Man", but I would never vote for a politician who wants to further restrict our rights.

Again...I self corrected when I re-read. I could sacrifice myself on the altar of John Moses Browning if need be? :)

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Also never say never - After diving into defensive handgun training earlier this year I tried my hand at steel challenges and now I’m hooked. Just gotta budget for ammo at these nutty prices and get good at ammo spotting.

Greetings!

So you are "The Cat"?
    Bienvenidos al Maryland Shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom