• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Reminds me of the last shortage and standing in line at Dicks, learned my lesson and now feel like a Dragon sitting upon a Treasure. I'd still take a chance on the trip though, I have many friends with minimal ammo ... and they need the range time lol. One friend purchased his first AR this year and is happily waiting on a case he back-ordered in June, I laughed and said "here's 40 for ya bud" he rang out 9 and now has a full tank thanks to friends ...
    It's funny, you hear the .mil makes a half billion round purchase and there's still ammo on the shelves, then you hear possible infringement on rights and Poooof!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Make sure they join MSI, GOA,, heck even NRA

Reminds me of the last shortage and standing in line at Dicks, learned my lesson and now feel like a Dragon sitting upon a Treasure. I'd still take a chance on the trip though, I have many friends with minimal ammo ... and they need the range time lol. One friend purchased his first AR this year and is happily waiting on a case he back-ordered in June, I laughed and said "here's 40 for ya bud" he rang out 9 and now has a full tank thanks to friends ...
    It's funny, you hear the .mil makes a half billion round purchase and there's still ammo on the shelves, then you hear possible infringement on rights and Poooof!

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Believe it or not, Wal Mart will tell you when they have a shipment coming in and what it is if you find someone in the ammo section willing to help you . They have a printed list that says what’s coming in that you can look at. The problem is actually finding someone who wants to help you out though.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Believe it or not, Wal Mart will tell you when they have a shipment coming in and what it is if you find someone in the ammo section willing to help you . They have a printed list that says what’s coming in that you can look at. The problem is actually finding someone who wants to help you out though.

The bigger problem is Wally World employees have first dibs and can use their employee discount. The Severn Walmart rarely sold any of the Federal XM193 420rd ammo cans they received to normal customers during the last shortage.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You dont have to do it on the firing line.
    That said,, Politics?? no such thing. It's Americans vs the enemy. They have VERY CLEARLY stated their desire to destroy the USA as founded. not sure what is lost in the translation.

If your house was on fire at 2:00AM, would you wake your wife and kids and let them know?? or rollover and go back to sleep??

When I am at the range with a new shooter my mindset is 99% safety and 1% fun, I have a difficult time deciding from which to take to digress into politics. Set the hook firmly before reeling in the winning fish!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You dont have to do it on the firing line.
    That said,, Politics?? no such thing. It's Americans vs the enemy. They have VERY CLEARLY stated their desire to destroy the USA as founded. not sure what is lost in the translation.

If your house was on fire at 2:00AM, would you wake your wife and kids and let them know?? or rollover and go back to sleep??

I’m actually a bit more intelligent than you are portraying me to be but ok, my bad, sorry buddy.

Sorry OP for going off topic in your thread. Looks like I need another break from MDS ....

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I thought Walmart stopped selling handgun and .223 ammo?

Yes. Prior to 2020 they were still selling it. Before the 2016 election, the weekly shipments of 22 LR, 380 ACP, 9mm, 223 and 556 rarely made it from the truck to the ammo cabinet. At that time, like now, the street price for ammo was 3x to 5x the Walmart price.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Having lived through the last two shortages and still not learning my lesson because I was eventually able to get ammo, this sure makes you wonder if America’s former largest seller of ammunition no longer selling what most of us want is contributing to at least some of the shortage and prices.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Having lived through the last two shortages and still not learning my lesson because I was eventually able to get ammo, this sure makes you wonder if America’s former largest seller of ammunition no longer selling what most of us want is contributing to at least some of the shortage and prices. ��

Doubt it. It’s a manufacturing bottleneck, not a retailer bottleneck. Them not selling it didn’t drastically alter the demand and supply market, just what channels it was moving through.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I was at Walmart in Milford, DE. I did talk to the clerk at the sportings/ammo section. He said they don't carry handgun or ar15 ammo. Is this specific to a Walmart store or company policy? I don't know.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I was at Walmart in Milford, DE. I did talk to the clerk at the sportings/ammo section. He said they don't carry handgun or ar15 ammo. Is this specific to a Walmart store or company policy? I don't know.

It's company policy...in a fit of virtue signaling last December Walmart announced they would no longer be carrying handgun ammunition (.22LR excepted) or any rifle caliber deemed for "assault rifles". There were some true bargains to be had before the end of December last year as such ammunition was greatly marked down.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

The shooting in their store in El Paso prompted the change in policy.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I hope none goes crazy with 20ga "field and target load",,,
    Then they would have to stop carrying the 100 rnd for $22 boxes.

They didn’t stop selling Rifles and Shotguns, considering they are the largest seller nationwide it wouldn’t make sense. Ammo was probably enough of a hit to sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom